2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#399645 - 21/09/05 01:07 PM goneMOAB 06 dates!!!
DesertHB Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
Hello all,

We have the dates for goneMOAB 06! We decided to shift things slightly again this year. The event will kick off on Sunday May 21st and wrap up on May 26th. This is the week before Memorial Day. The reason for the move is to allow an additional travel day home for folks driving in from the eastern part of the country.
There has been a change in the trails. Golden Spike is not part of the itinerary. It’s a very long trail and we thought we would give it a rest this year (I have yet to come off the shelf road in the light). Instead we have added Moab Rim for Wednesday’s advanced run and Gold Bar Rim for the easier run. The addition of Gold Bar Rim will be great for those folks who have not been set up to run Golden Spike to take the short hike down to see some of the most difficult obstacles of that trail. We have also added Elephant Hill for Thursday’s run. Elephant Hill has a few obstacles, but the real pull is that it is very scenic (river views, petroglyphs, etc…). The Sunday Fins run has been cancelled and moved to Monday where a longer version of this trail will be run.
The evening events have been moved around and changed a bit. The raffle will be toward the end of the week rather than on Monday. We will also have the honor of having Nissan Master Tech Allen (Cyclemut) Cox to give us a “how to” session on basic maintenance and repairs as well as being available to answer your Nissan repair questions.

More detail will be following soon. In the meantime, mark the days off from work and save your money for the spare parts you are going to need.

Take Care,

Doug

#399646 - 21/09/05 01:58 PM Re: goneMOAB 06 dates!!!
fastdrmr Offline

Loc: SLC, UT
Sweet!

I am excited to see that Elephant Hill is part of the itenrary. Moab Rim will be interesting, but with the advanced modded Xs it should be a hoot!

Let me know if you want help planning this event. It always seems like the out-of-staters put on a pretty good show in our state. UXOC is willing to help in the planning.

So, what's the count down? 8 months out and counting?

#399647 - 21/09/05 04:32 PM Re: goneMOAB 06 dates!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DesertHB:
This is the week before Labor Day.
I'm confussed. I thought Memorial Day was in May and Labor Day in September?

#399648 - 21/09/05 04:51 PM Re: goneMOAB 06 dates!!!
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Eric P.:
Quote:
[b]This is the week before Labor Day.
I'm confussed. I thought Memorial Day was in May and Labor Day in September?[/b]
It's because it feels like Labor Day since everyone's trying to avoid "labor" and go on vacation. laugh

#399649 - 21/09/05 06:08 PM Re: goneMOAB 06 dates!!!
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
Thanks to you and CM for the legwork smile

Moab Rim and Elephant Hill are cool ones. I would like to see some other new ones also rather than the same 'ol stuff like previous years.

To me the Golden Spike is Moab and I can’t imagine a trip without, my yeah I completely understand. I may still run it off-track with a smaller group.

OT…PM/E-mail me if you’re interested in a Anza trip 10/8-9 or check the SCCX board.

#399650 - 22/09/05 03:30 AM Re: goneMOAB 06 dates!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

is elephant hill and moab rim harder trails or easy and will there be a run on sunday or no ill be there the hole time this year and hopefully sased

#399651 - 22/09/05 05:45 AM Re: goneMOAB 06 dates!!!
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by cameron_garrison:
is elephant hill and moab rim harder trails or easy and will there be a run on sunday or no ill be there the hole time this year and hopefully sased
Elephant hill is not a difficult trail. Moab Rim is as difficult as Golden Spike however you do not have to drive 4 hours on "boring" trails to get to the "fun" stuff.

No official trail run on that Sunday this year.

#399652 - 22/09/05 06:35 AM Re: goneMOAB 06 dates!!!
DesertHB Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric P.:
Quote:
[b]This is the week before Labor Day.
I'm confussed. I thought Memorial Day was in May and Labor Day in September?[/b]
Sorry for the confusion. Memorial Day, not Labor Day. Typing too fast.

Doug

#399653 - 22/09/05 08:39 AM Re: goneMOAB 06 dates!!!
Steel_City_X Offline

Loc: Pueblo, CO
I may have to bring my truck out of retirement....Maybe I should buy a barrel of gas now to save for the trip.

Moab Rim, all the stress of Golden spike in the first 30 minutes. Those who really HATE off-camber trails will not like this.

I would hope that the leaders run this prior to the group.

Todd
First Xterra IFS or SAS up Moab Rim...#2 up Mt. Blanca.
African Adventure pictures....
http://homepage.mac.com/ahlenius/

#399654 - 22/09/05 10:00 AM Re: goneMOAB 06 dates!!!
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Admin:
Moab Rim is as difficult as Golden Spike however you do not have to drive 4 hours on "boring" trails to get to the "fun" stuff.
Well you can always go up Gold Bar Rim and get to fun stuff & crack quicker then turn around at some point and do all again laugh in the other direction. Should'nt be more than a 3/4 day run this way unless people break major stuff.

#399655 - 22/09/05 01:10 PM Re: goneMOAB 06 dates!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

laugh I am there the whole WEEK!!!

#399656 - 22/09/05 01:38 PM Re: goneMOAB 06 dates!!!
bikesdestroy Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs
I'm there.

Troy

#399657 - 22/09/05 03:24 PM Re: goneMOAB 06 dates!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

WOOT! I'm gonna' be there, with the pooch. I'll be sleeping somewhere witha roof this time too. laugh

#399658 - 22/09/05 03:38 PM Re: goneMOAB 06 dates!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Definately gona plan to be there!

#399659 - 22/09/05 03:46 PM Re: goneMOAB 06 dates!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

You're gonna' love it Ty. Moab's like no place else cool . We usually have a pretty good turnout year after year from AZXC cool . We're really lucky to have such amazing places only hours away from PHX. UT, CO, CA, even right here in AZ some of the most scenic, entertaining 4wheeling in the country.
cool

#399660 - 22/09/05 04:44 PM Re: goneMOAB 06 dates!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I turned in a leave slip today for that week and got a wierd look from my boss.

#399661 - 22/09/05 06:22 PM Re: goneMOAB 06 dates!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I will be there this year with my two oldest boys and my father in law.

Another adventure to fuel my drive to buy and do more to my X, the wife is going to be pissed smile

#399662 - 23/09/05 02:02 AM Re: goneMOAB 06 dates!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

yep moab last year fueled me to do the sas after seeing carltons and the othe sased rigs

#399663 - 23/09/05 11:26 AM Re: goneMOAB 06 dates!!!
DesertHB Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by fastdrmr:

Let me know if you want help planning this event. It always seems like the out-of-staters put on a pretty good show in our state. UXOC is willing to help in the planning.

Thanks for the offer. We really would like to see club participation this year. We are looking to have clubs sponsor each trail run. The club would be responsible for providing a Trail Boss, Tail Gunner and getting the run started and moving. In the past it was either just one person leading all the trails or individuals volunteering. We would like to see all the clubs sponsor a run (or at least one from each regional area).
If your club is interested send me a PM. First come first serve on choice of trails.

Another thing to note is that there is not a run planed for Sunday. We found that folks were rushing in to make this run. This delay caused folks having to wait on others to show up which ended up causing some bad feelings. If clubs want to have their own club only run, Sunday would be a good day to do this.

More info will be up on www.gonemoab.com soon.

Take Care,

Doug

#399664 - 23/09/05 07:01 PM Re: goneMOAB 06 dates!!!
Richard Krenn Offline

Loc: Mount Vernon, WA, USA
There should be two truck from Florida heading over for this one. We don't want to haul camping gear across the country so we are looking at www.moabconorentals.com for a place to stay. Which one of the different complex would you recommend?
Also I would like to throw out an idea for an early morning sunrise photography run to somewhere. Not knowing the area, I don't know if this is doable or a good idea. Any thoughts?

Richard

#399665 - 23/09/05 07:48 PM Re: goneMOAB 06 dates!!!
DesertHB Offline

I have stayed at these condos the past few years and have been very happy. I will be here again in 06.

Condo Rentals

-Doug

#399666 - 23/09/05 07:49 PM Re: goneMOAB 06 dates!!!
DesertHB Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Krenn:
Also I would like to throw out an idea for an early morning sunrise photography run to somewhere. Not knowing the area, I don't know if this is doable or a good idea. Any thoughts?

Richard
Not a bad idea. It kind of depends on the weather. You can always get started on a trail and wait for others to catch up.

-Doug

#399667 - 23/09/05 08:12 PM Re: goneMOAB 06 dates!!!
Axle Offline

Loc: Fort Carson, CO
Well I had planned on making it this year right after I came back from Korea. Unfortunately a family emergency brought me back early and I ended up in my new unit before I expected and they wouldn't let me go. Now I get to spend next year in the big desert so it's a no go again. I'm definately in for '07 though (hopefully).

Axle

#399668 - 11/10/05 10:47 PM Re: goneMOAB 06 dates!!!
KaiOtiK Offline

Loc: Mountain View, Ca.
Hey Doug,

[QUOTE: We are looking to have clubs sponsor each trail run. The club would be responsible for providing a Trail Boss, Tail Gunner and getting the run started and moving.]

I know DBAX & Myself would be very happy being responsible for sponsoring a trail.

I'll be going to GoneMOAB 2006, but I'm unsure how many others from the NCCX Club will be there.

I am already working on getting more NCCX Members to attend GoneMOAB 2006. With any luck, It'll be more than just me attending next year.

Thanx DBAX, for including Wolfman & Myself in with the AZXC after hour events at your campsite.

#399669 - 12/10/05 12:32 AM Re: goneMOAB 06 dates!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am moving out to Vegas in Feb... I am so there!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal