Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#398543 - 17/10/06 07:22 PM Flashbacks to GoneMOAB 2005
Steel_City_X Offline

Loc: Pueblo, CO
Well,

For those who know Anthon-e, he is back in the hospital to fix his hip again. He is suffering from a Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphsys (sp). Surgery again in the morning.

Not a good thing to have happen a second time to the same hip. The capital has moved 20-25%, so he will have loss of range of motion and will likely have to have a much more significant repair when he stops growing in a few years.

Todd
First Xterra IFS or SAS up Moab Rim...#2 up Mt. Blanca.
African Adventure pictures....
http://homepage.mac.com/ahlenius/

#398544 - 17/10/06 07:39 PM Re: Flashbacks to GoneMOAB 2005
Anonymous
Unregistered

Best wishes for Anthon-e of course. smile [ThumbsUp]

#398545 - 17/10/06 08:56 PM Re: Flashbacks to GoneMOAB 2005
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow Todd,

I am really sorry to hear that. He is a really strong kid with an awesome spirit. I hope he does well again and heals fast.

#398546 - 17/10/06 09:14 PM Re: Flashbacks to GoneMOAB 2005
Anonymous
Unregistered

Todd, you have one amazing kid there.

He's been through hell and he has such a great attitude.

Best wishes possible for the trooper
[ThumbsUp]

#398547 - 18/10/06 05:35 PM Re: Flashbacks to GoneMOAB 2005
Snoopy Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
Todd,

Wish the little man my best... and let him know that I am still wearing those cool rubber clog shoes he recommended at GONE.

Our family’s prayers,
Travis

#398548 - 18/10/06 05:57 PM Re: Flashbacks to GoneMOAB 2005
DesertHB Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
Todd,

My thoughts are with you guys. Let us know how things turn out.

Take Care,

Doug

#398549 - 18/10/06 07:14 PM Re: Flashbacks to GoneMOAB 2005
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Our thoughts from the eastern group are with your son. The limitied time I spent around him in Moab, he exhibited a great spirit and attitude.

My family will keep him our thoughts. You take care as well.

Quote:
Originally posted by Snoopy:
Wish the little man my best... and let him know that I am still wearing those cool rubber clog shoes he recommended at GONE.
Those things are great aren't they? I love mine. cool

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#398550 - 18/10/06 08:36 PM Re: Flashbacks to GoneMOAB 2005
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, hate to hear that Todd. Tell him Mary Mags and I are thinking of him. Hope he can make it out to gone next year. Mary Margaret has a soft spot for him. Great kid there, especially for all he's been through, to have his attitude. I wish I could get his attitude going!

#398551 - 20/10/06 02:10 PM Re: Flashbacks to GoneMOAB 2005
Steel_City_X Offline

Loc: Pueblo, CO
Well, after a night of morphine, he got into surgery on Wednesday morning. They simply locked the ball onto the femor where it was. They could not risk trying to move it into a better position.

When he is done growing - right now 5'-7", they will have to go in and rebuild his right hip. The ball is not cylindical, so after a few more years of it grinding away at the socket, he will need a new one. If he had not fallen at school the previous wednesday, they would have gone in a ground down everything to fit together better.

He goes back to school monday. Right now he is without pain and getting used to crutches again. He has to get through a week of school and then he can recover poolside at the Sheraton in Puerto Vallarta for a few days.

Glad my focus has been him and not the chaos with the RMXC. Looking forward to both goneMOAB and ColoradoROX next summer. This winter, I'll finally try to get the front TJM bumper installed, maybe a BL and have a rear carrier fabricated.

You guy's who posted, thank you. I appreciate positive comments regarding my young man. Trying to raise an upstanding young person and feedback is appreciated.

Again, Thanks. Todd
First Xterra IFS or SAS up Moab Rim...#2 up Mt. Blanca.
African Adventure pictures....
http://homepage.mac.com/ahlenius/

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal