Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#398400 - 06/04/05 10:08 AM Updates on goneMOAB
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
As of now we have 30 trucks with about 56 people (plus one dog) that are attending.

With the posting of the 2wd trails hopefully we will have a few more people attend that have never been to an event like this. We added the 2wd trails to include a segment of people that have been shunned in the past from these kind of events. Hopefully that segment of owner will attend so that we can continue doing that in the future.

In the next week we should have the info packet in a digital form up on the website for people to download.

The decals will be of the same design as you might have seen in years past. The shirt we are not sure on yet. More info coming.

There are some other social events that we will be having that are still in the works so keep watch for more info.

Please sign up if you are planning on attending. Remember families are welcome too.

#398401 - 06/04/05 12:20 PM Re: Updates on goneMOAB
johnnyx Offline
J

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ
[ThumbsUp]

Nice work! I can't wait!

#398402 - 11/04/05 03:21 PM Re: Updates on goneMOAB
Anonymous
Unregistered

Make that 2 dogs.

#398403 - 11/04/05 03:51 PM Re: Updates on goneMOAB
Anonymous
Unregistered

#398404 - 11/04/05 04:12 PM Re: Updates on goneMOAB
XOC Offline
Admin

Good.. I will have some dogs to help me not miss my dog as much.

#398405 - 11/04/05 06:57 PM Re: Updates on goneMOAB
Anonymous
Unregistered

#398406 - 11/04/05 07:17 PM Re: Updates on goneMOAB
Anonymous
Unregistered

[LOL]
You were "1"..

#398407 - 12/04/05 09:29 AM Re: Updates on goneMOAB
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DBAX:
[LOL]
You were "1"..
Hmmm in that case 1 [Too much XOC]

#398408 - 14/04/05 12:50 PM Re: Updates on goneMOAB
Anonymous
Unregistered

My husband and I have only had our X since September and its still stock, for now. We've been saving and hope to at least have the rock sliders and skid plates before Moab. If we're lucky we'll be able to get the Shrockworks winch bumper but that may be rushing it. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

This would be our first experience with real off roading, is Moab a bad idea for beginners or should we just steer clear of trails rated 4 or above? I know families are welcome but my boys are ages 3 and 7 mos. is that a little young or would it just depend on how much time we wanted to spend caring for them becuase we want to bring them. Our 3 year old has been off roading several times but nothing like Moab. In the past have there been children there that young?

Just wondering, where everybody's dogs are while on the trail? Would like to bring our dog too.

We have had some experience in my husbands Trooper and we do have recovery gear.

#398409 - 14/04/05 07:17 PM Re: Updates on goneMOAB
DesertHB Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
Come on out. After the first few runs you will have a good idea of what to expect for the rest of the week. If you decide it's a little too much for you, you can join in on the 2wd trails. Everyone has a limit of what they want to do (xtoolbox excluded wink ).

Not having kids I have no idea what they are like on the trails. I'll let those that do comment on that one.

-Doug

#398410 - 14/04/05 08:01 PM Re: Updates on goneMOAB
Anonymous
Unregistered

The only kids I have a of the canine species and they (along with anyone else who brings their pooch)are in the truck on the trail, LOVIN' IT.

#398411 - 15/04/05 05:59 AM Re: Updates on goneMOAB
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
I know the dogs love it.. But some of the more off-camber / high angle stuff could freak out a kid if he were not used to it.

Like Doug said. Do some of the trails on the first days and see where you feel comfortable and then move from there.

#398412 - 15/04/05 12:04 PM Re: Updates on goneMOAB
Steel_City_X Offline

Loc: Pueblo, CO
Generally children learn from their parents. Now my 13 year old did scream a few weeks ago in Moab, but it was what most would say was bad. Generally the dog got thrown around a few times, but I had moved the pet barier right behind the front seats. Many dogs get scared and try to "help out" in the front seat.... eek

My son screamed when the front tire dropped off into a hole and the truck took a strong lean. Similar to an experience Carlton had at the end of Hell's Revenge....

Todd
First Xterra IFS or SAS up Moab Rim...#2 up Mt. Blanca.
African Adventure pictures....
http://homepage.mac.com/ahlenius/

#398413 - 15/04/05 12:50 PM Re: Updates on goneMOAB
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Steel_City_X:
...My son screamed when the front tire dropped off into a hole and the truck took a strong lean. Similar to an experience Carlton had at the end of Hell's Revenge....

Todd
After seeing how bad that drop looked last year I don't do that one anymore. Maybe with the SAS.

#398414 - 25/05/05 04:07 PM Re: Updates on goneMOAB
Anonymous
Unregistered

5&6.. I know it's late, but hey.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal