2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#498545 - 10/03/05 12:11 PM Staun Internal beadlocks
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone have these?

Internal Beadlock

Review

any thoughts??? Seems like a good way to not have to have those ugly beadlocks which may or may not be street legal...

fixed the links thanks

#498546 - 10/03/05 12:51 PM Re: Staun Internal beadlocks
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Nope not street legal. The thinking is that the average schmo will not check his bolts often enough and lose the ring.

Ugly?

This has got to be one of the sexiest looking wheel out there!

Followed closely by this one:

Champion makes some good looking versions using A/R wheels as the starting point.

But yes this might be a sensible alternative. Do you run very low pressure? I guess before you spend the money on something you have to determine how much you really need it. I have not heard of many X owners throwing a bead.

#498547 - 10/03/05 01:19 PM Re: Staun Internal beadlocks
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by jrcdzn:
Internal Beadlock
Link botched, here ya go: http://www.staunproducts.com/beadlock.php

#498548 - 10/03/05 02:29 PM Re: Staun Internal beadlocks
Anonymous
Unregistered

I stand corrected... those are good looking beadlocks... Better than other I have seen for sure.

The practicality issue comes to play especially when considering having a set of street and offroad... this would mean I could keep one set of tires and not have to worry about johny law and his party hat...

just wondered if anyone had any experience with them... the theory for them is sound... I have never had any problems airing down.. but I am aware of the potential and the hassle I face should the worst happen

#498549 - 10/03/05 07:22 PM Re: Staun Internal beadlocks
Robinhood150 Offline

Loc: Mesa, Az
Those things start at around $190 for each wheel and go up from there. I can get some used beadlocks for less than that. They were showing them at the outdoors expo here a couple weeks ago. For the cost, I wasn't terribly impressed.

You can also get your stock wheels modified to be beadlocked. A 4runner guy did that with his and it looked really good.

#498550 - 11/03/05 05:36 AM Re: Staun Internal beadlocks
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:

Pathetic.... that is a damn STREET TIRE!!!!

#498551 - 11/03/05 08:43 AM Re: Staun Internal beadlocks
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've heard of the internal beadlock from a Jeep buddy of mine. He said that you can even drive your truck on it if you tear the tire [Freak] . Not sure if it's the same system as this one. I think that the one he was looking at is actually like an intertube that you fill with air as well to puch against the inside firewall and lock the bead onto the rim. One nice advantage to the internal beadlock system is that you can drive on the road with a beadlock system and not get harassed by the local law enforcement.

#498552 - 11/03/05 09:14 AM Re: Staun Internal beadlocks
DesertHB Offline

Loc: Huntington Beach, CA
I just received mine today. I won’t be able to put them on until next month, but I will post a report on the install and post-install feedback.

I will post when I'm going to do the install in case anyone is interested in seeing the install first hand.

BTW - Staun USA is a sponsor of goneMOAB. We will be auctioning off a set of internal bead locks, a set of deflators, and a copy of their 4x4 basics book.

And yes, I did pay for my set of bead locks, the goneMOAB units are a donation.

-Doug

#498553 - 11/03/05 09:39 AM Re: Staun Internal beadlocks
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DesertHB:

I will post when I'm going to do the install in case anyone is interested in seeing the install first hand.

-Doug
If you can get a hold of "Ecological 4wheeling Adventures"

they had extensive notes and even given you a tip on a hoist to hold tire up in order to facilitate the process...

#498554 - 11/03/05 09:57 AM Re: Staun Internal beadlocks
Robinhood150 Offline

Yes, as I understand it, these are just an normal innertube that hugs the wheel and a ring of kevlar fabric around the outside circumference of the inner tube.

There are a couple threads about it on pirate, one of which has a link to a jeep guy installing and testing them.

#498555 - 11/03/05 05:16 PM Re: Staun Internal beadlocks
Robinhood150 Offline

Stock Aluminum 4runner wheels with beadlocks added.

#498556 - 12/03/05 05:49 AM Re: Staun Internal beadlocks
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Look at that beautiful weld cool

#498557 - 12/03/05 07:37 AM Re: Staun Internal beadlocks
Anonymous
Unregistered

Most cops aren't going to know anything about beadlocks.

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal