2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#96702 - 03/03/06 01:56 AM what do you think? HighLift off the wheel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was in the local 4x4 store and was looking at some of the goodies you can by for your hilift and saw something that can lift your car by grabing onto your wheel. it is just me or does that sound like a bad idea??

#96703 - 03/03/06 03:04 AM Re: what do you think? HighLift off the wheel?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was wondering the same thing. I dont have an aftemarket bumper nor sliders, so if i were to get a high lift i would need the high lift mate to attack to my wheels...i have forged aluminum wheels. Can somebody shed some light on this topic, safe or not safe?

#96704 - 03/03/06 05:54 AM Re: what do you think? HighLift off the wheel?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Jacking up by the rim...

Funny thing is, 90% of the time I'm hi-lifting, its the tire I need to mess with...if I use the rim to lift the rig, to get at the tire, its kind of in the way.

laugh

If all you are using it for is to get the tire up so you can stack/shovel stuff under it to get unstuck, probably ok...but if you need to change a flat...how would that work?

The other use is to jack out of the hole, and then drive off the jack..which again, as you are jacked by the rim, which will rotate when you drive off...sounds messy and painful.

[Uh Oh !]

So, while an invovative thought, I think it has very limited actual use compared to say, having sliders to jack up by, etc.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#96705 - 03/03/06 07:09 AM Re: what do you think? HighLift off the wheel?
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by xterra in HI:
I was in the local 4x4 store and was looking at some of the goodies you can by for your hilift and saw something that can lift your car by grabing onto your wheel. it is just me or does that sound like a bad idea??
It's called the Lift Mate and you DON'T want one.

Hi Lift very generously sent one to the SWXC for us to give feedback... and though we love Hi Lift, the feedback was all negative.

First of all, it wouldn't even begin to work with a stock Xterra wheel. The spaces in the wheel and the spoke thickness just didn't work with the hooks on the Lift Mate.

We tried it on a truck with steel rockcrawler wheels and it did work... but not well. I bent the rim on mine trying it.

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal