Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#497113 - 13/04/06 08:00 PM upgrading a '05 - S
Anonymous
Unregistered

so i have a '05 "S" series Xterra. I had my heart set on getting a offroad to begin with but 22,500 for a 14,300 mile S series that was less than a year old was a sign from god.

my question is would it be possible (even if costly) to upgrade it to where it had some off-road model parts: locking rear diff, extended skid plate, hill decent control, and the likes.

Also, anyone know of legal off-roading areas in the central kentucky area. i know of two but im looking for a wider range

#497114 - 13/04/06 08:17 PM Re: upgrading a '05 - S
Anonymous
Unregistered

Someone in Colorado has an e-locker from an 05 OR for sale. PM ponyboy for details

#497115 - 13/04/06 08:22 PM Re: upgrading a '05 - S
Anonymous
Unregistered

On paper, yes it seems possible to get all the offroad parts that your S does not have. However, nobody had tried this....yet. I believe Cornick priced an OR axle w/elocker which included the cpu to control it. Came out to like $3000. He decided to go with my rear axle w/elocker that I took off for my SAS, and we are going to work together to get it working on his S. We should know for sure in a couple of months what it takes to get it working on the S model.

As for hill decent, I believe it runs off the ABS system and you will need to price the control unit from nissan. Sorry, can't help you much here.

#497116 - 13/04/06 08:24 PM Re: upgrading a '05 - S
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric P.:
Someone in Colorado has an e-locker from an 05 OR for sale. PM ponyboy for details
It is actually pending sale right now. Cornick wants to buy it at the moment. If your interested though, PM me and I can keep you in mind if it does not fall through.

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal