Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#499999 - 28/12/06 06:34 PM SAS ABS?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Any possibilities?

#500000 - 28/12/06 07:20 PM Re: SAS ABS?
Anonymous
Unregistered

With $$$ anything is possible.

#500001 - 28/12/06 07:21 PM Re: SAS ABS?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yep black electrical tape. Cover up the led. wink

#500002 - 30/12/06 01:16 PM Re: SAS ABS?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've been pondering this one for a while myself. Unfortunately, I don't think there is any way to do it with a Dana 44 -- there's no room on the inside part of the spindle for the abs rotor, even if you had one custom machined.

Once I do my Calmini SAS, I think I'm going to ditch the ABS system completely, and swap over all the hard lines and proportioning valve from a 2WD Frontier. That way it'll stay all stock, and I won't have to rig anything.

#500003 - 02/01/07 07:27 PM Re: SAS ABS?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Then think outside the box.

Have a machinist notch the inside lip of the rotor with the same number of notches as on the stock ring and mount the sensor with a weld on bracket on the upper knuckle. That's good for the front.

Now for those of us changing out the rear axle too, then we're kind of hosed. Especially with a non-selectable locker. But if you were to use a selectable locker (ARB, E-Locker, OX Locker, et cetera), then you could do the same trick with the drum as well. Just weld a bracket on the top portion of the backing plate, close enough to mount the sensor just the right space from drum notches, and go from there.

I'll be spooled in the rear, so antilock in the rear would be useless.

#500004 - 02/01/07 09:57 PM Re: SAS ABS?
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's actually a great idea, but quite cost prohibitive after a length of time - Anytime you do a brake job and have to change the rotors, you're probably looking at $300 to $400 for new ones.

Now only if I had access to a CNC Bridgeport...

-JC

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal