2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#496027 - 14/05/08 10:24 AM SAS Skids
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if I could get a pic of the underbelly of some sas's that have skids, either custom or the calmini sas one. I gotta figure out how to protect the oilpan.. I dont like it out there nakid like that. Esp since im not as tall as some of the other sas's. I appreciate it.

#496028 - 14/05/08 01:37 PM Re: SAS Skids
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by AndrewH:
Esp since im not as tall as some of the other sas's.
Thats what she said! laugh

I too would like to know this as I will have pretty much the same setup.

#496029 - 15/05/08 06:07 AM Re: SAS Skids
Anonymous
Unregistered

Skids are overated. plus Andrew still does not even have a front DS in so the only crawling he does is at the Mall.......

Love you guys

Dan [Finger]

#496030 - 15/05/08 10:22 AM Re: SAS Skids
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bah... ha ha the doofus patrol arrives... :-) So seriously no one has any skids on their sas at all?

#496031 - 15/05/08 11:28 AM Re: SAS Skids
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a transmision/tcase skid and a gas tank. Also both diffs have covers/skids.

#496032 - 15/05/08 12:06 PM Re: SAS Skids
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are they custom? Pics would be the awesome if you can...

I dont want this to happen to my oilpan

#496033 - 15/05/08 08:04 PM Re: SAS Skids
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Transmission/Tcase is the Calmini SAS skid.

The Gas tank is the Calmini but Shrocks will work also.

The front diff is a D44 cover the rear diff is custom.

Oi pan is still bare... its up and behind the axle and never had and issue (yet). If there is a rock in that area I try to put the passenger tires on it.

#496034 - 16/05/08 08:46 AM Re: SAS Skids
Anonymous
Unregistered

I haven't come close to hitting my oil pan in over 4 years with the SAS, and I'm in the rocks a lot. It's considerably higher up than the axle....you'd be hard pressed to get your axle over an obstacle and come down on the pan, honestly.

For the Tcase, i use a Skid row skid with the corner cut out for front driveshaft clearance.

#496035 - 16/05/08 08:36 PM Re: SAS Skids
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Just to clarify what Kevin said - the Calmini skid doesn't cover the oil pan.... by design.

They figure that it's just naturally up and out of the way enough that you're pretty unlikely to hit it.

#496036 - 16/05/08 10:38 PM Re: SAS Skids
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Desert_Rat:
For the Tcase, i use a Skid row skid with the corner cut out for front driveshaft clearance.
Andrew, is this possible to do with the skid you have and the crossmember that Richard made you? I would think that if you cut what ever is in the way of the driveshaft out you could find a way to attach the skid.

#496037 - 18/05/08 11:35 AM Re: SAS Skids
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by cgvalant:
Quote:
[b]For the Tcase, i use a Skid row skid with the corner cut out for front driveshaft clearance.
Andrew, is this possible to do with the skid you have and the crossmember that Richard made you? I would think that if you cut what ever is in the way of the driveshaft out you could find a way to attach the skid.[/b]
You might have me mistaken for someone else. No one named Richard made me an Xmember...I use the stock Trans Xmember on the Frontier with a section cut out, and a 3/4" plate "horseshoe welded in to clear the driveshaft.

#496038 - 19/05/08 07:30 AM Re: SAS Skids
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by cgvalant:
[b]
Quote:
[b]For the Tcase, i use a Skid row skid with the corner cut out for front driveshaft clearance.
Andrew, is this possible to do with the skid you have and the crossmember that Richard made you? I would think that if you cut what ever is in the way of the driveshaft out you could find a way to attach the skid.[/b]
You might have me mistaken for someone else. No one named Richard made me an Xmember...I use the stock Trans Xmember on the Frontier with a section cut out, and a 3/4" plate "horseshoe welded in to clear the driveshaft.[/b]
I think he was asking Andrew if that would work with the X-member that Richard made for Andrew.
laugh

#496039 - 19/05/08 09:18 AM Re: SAS Skids
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yea sorry for the confusion

@Chris

It aint gonna work with the new crossmember that richard built. You *could* get it to work, but you will have to work with richie to figure out how to attach the front since it uses the stock crossmember there.

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal