2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#411047 - 15/03/03 02:41 AM Ignition questions
aznxterra Offline

I have a 2000 X and i was wondering if any body has put an ignition kit on their X. does it give better gas mileage or more hps?? also who can tell me what the best spark plug i can get for the Xterra.......i also want to know if the Xterra has a coil already for the ignition and if i upgrade the system will it be worth it....thanks guys please help....

#411048 - 15/03/03 11:17 AM Re: Ignition questions
ElectroKen Offline

Loc: Shelton, CT
The ignition coil is built into the base of the distributor. Take a look at the cap and you'll see no coil wire.

#411049 - 17/03/03 05:08 AM Re: Ignition questions
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I had a MSD and magnacore wires on mine. No improvement in gas just an improvement in torgue/hp but it wasnt much.

#411050 - 17/03/03 12:11 PM Re: Ignition questions
pipxterra Offline

Loc: Idaho
I've used a Jacobs before, not on my x, but on my Jeep YJ. You gap your spark plugs at 20-over and the Jacobs produces a spark that is substantially hotter than stock. They claim substantial increase in h.p. and fuel economy, although none of it was realized until I added a Gibson cat back exhaust and a K&N air charger. If you are willing to do exhaust and air I would recommend it, but if you are not I wouldn't spend the extra money.

#411051 - 17/03/03 11:25 PM Re: Ignition questions
aznxterra Offline

well i already have a JWT pop charger and HKS exhaust on my X...so i was just wondering if it would increase my gas mileage...my friend has all the stuff from MSD so i would get it for a good deal....im guessing it is the universal ignition bc it was off a civic and he said that it would work....but so i have one question.....wouild i have to replace the coil??? im not really familiar with ignitions so i need help....thanks

#411052 - 18/03/03 07:54 AM Re: Ignition questions
Big Daddy Chia Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
azn if you wanna give me a call or i can call u and tell you more about it PM me.

#411053 - 22/03/03 07:13 PM Re: Ignition questions
hocky11 Offline

Loc: Miami, Florida
AZN,
JUST WONDERING IF YOU COULD POST A PIC OF YOUR X WITH THE HKS EXHAUST? ALSO WONDERING IF YOU LIKE IT BETTER THAN THE OTHER EXHAUSTS AVAILABLE, OR ANY OTHERS YOU HAVE HEARD? I HAVE AN HKS EXHAUST ON MY TURBO 300Z AND I LOVE IT. THANKS......CESAR cool

#411054 - 22/03/03 08:23 PM Re: Ignition questions
XTERRUSS5 Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
pipxterra, where did you get your jacobs for your X, I'm planning on adding an intake and exhaust, so I think the ignition would be a good next step.

#411055 - 23/03/03 08:10 AM Re: Ignition questions
pipxterra Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by XTERRUSS5:
pipxterra, where did you get your jacobs for your X, I'm planning on adding an intake and exhaust, so I think the ignition would be a good next step.
XTERRUSS5,
Here's The link. Jacobs Ignition
There's a guy that I work with is trying to sell his. I can see what he wants Monday when I get in. I'll PM you with the info. I tried almost every other ignition kit and found the Jacobs worked the best. If you do call Jacobs make sure to ask if they have a demo or return. That will save you a ton of money on your purchase. The jacobs, for the most part is a universal system, so I'm pretty sure it will fit your X. This guy at work also has the 4x4 module. It adjusts the ignition depending on the approach angle that the x is on (IE rock crawling ect.) I'll let you know on monday what he wants for it. It is a complete system and is in great shape. It also comes with all the mounting hardware that you will need, spark plug cable holders ect.
Phil
Idaho

#411056 - 25/03/03 09:58 AM Re: Ignition questions
XTERRUSS5 Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
pipxterra-
That sounds great, definately let me know about pricing and all, I may not be looking to purchase until the summer, but if the guy doesn't mind holding onto it for a while, it could definately work out, thanks for the help!

#411057 - 02/04/03 02:50 PM Re: Ignition questions
pipxterra Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by XTERRUSS5:
pipxterra-
That sounds great, definately let me know about pricing and all, I may not be looking to purchase until the summer, but if the guy doesn't mind holding onto it for a while, it could definately work out, thanks for the help!
Looks like he wants $200.00 for the system. He has just moved and has to find it. I think that retail is somewhere in the neighborhood of $350.00. I’m sure that he’s willing to negotiate. That was just his opening price. When he gets serious I’ll post it in the buy/sell forum.

#411058 - 03/04/03 10:48 AM Re: Ignition questions
aznxterra Offline

hey hocky11......well i do like my HKS exhuast a lot but i don't know of any other xterra's with exhaust on them...well locally at least....i have heard some X's with flowmaster and just custom made ones....i like the HKS bc it is a really suttle low tone in the exhaust.....it's not too loud either which is a plus on long road trips...but yea ummm send me an email and i can send you those pics of my ride....kit...

#411059 - 14/04/03 02:59 AM Re: Ignition questions
asianusmc Offline

Loc: mililani, Hawaii
here is a pic of the HKS SUV exhuast on my X. I had it for almost 2 yrs now. http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=001784# 000000

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal