2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#406863 - 17/08/03 06:15 AM Airaid
pipxterra Offline

Loc: Idaho
I just installed an airaid system on my 2000 Xterra. I have one vacuum hose that is left over with no where to connect it to. It was connected to the stock box. In the Airaid instructions it doesn’t give any help on what to do with it. Has anyone else done the same? Do you just plug it off? Or, just let it dangle there?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Phil
Idaho

#406864 - 17/08/03 09:00 AM Re: Airaid
Strom Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
I had the same problem with the AIRAID - my solution was to get the K&N. laugh

I just bought an extra (small) filter and connected it to that line. I think plugging it off may have some negative effects on the emissions system.

#406865 - 17/08/03 11:35 AM Re: Airaid
Anonymous
Unregistered

Interesting.
I recently installed my AIRaid intake for my 2003 SE auto. You should notice a small hole in the side of the provided heat shield. Just stick the little supplied filter though that hole and attach the hose.
Aloha

#406866 - 18/08/03 08:19 AM Re: Airaid
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by SailorHawaii:
Interesting.
I recently installed my AIRaid intake for my 2003 SE auto. You should notice a small hole in the side of the provided heat shield. Just stick the little supplied filter though that hole and attach the hose.
Aloha
Yeah, check the box that it came in...there should be a little white filter in there. Just hook it up like Sailor said. It worked great on my truck.

#406867 - 18/08/03 11:05 AM Re: Airaid
pipxterra Offline

Loc: Idaho
Quote:
Originally posted by Editor X:
Quote:
Originally posted by SailorHawaii:
[b]Interesting.
Aloha
Yeah, check the box that it came in...there should be a little white filter in there. Just hook it up like Sailor said. It worked great on my truck.[/b]
Well I double checked the box and took another look at the heat shield and guess what....no filter and no hole for the filter. I contacted Airaid and they're going to overnight a filter and a new heat shield. I haven't made my mind up about the Airaid yet, but their customer service has been great!
Phil
Idaho

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal