Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 232 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#414135 - 24/03/04 09:09 PM datalogging
Anonymous
Unregistered

is anyone or has anyone ever datalogged their X. i have a datalogger for my 90 turbo dsm, and i have the software to do obd2 but i have to buy a $85 adapter to make it work. also, want to know if anyone runs an apexi afc or similar maf sensor signal modifier for tuning. also, has anyone ever put a boost controller on their SC, is it even possible. i looked under the hood and didn't see any vacuum ports on the manifold to tap a boost guage into. just a few thoughts, i would like to visit the drag strip this year. laugh

#414136 - 25/03/04 09:22 PM Re: datalogging
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't recall anything about datalogging. Not sure if the group is into it that much(more mods in off roading than anything else) I have a code reader that gives you some of the engine management data but it does not store it or send data to a laptop. I have the APEXi power FC for my RX-7 and I have datalogging for it but nothing like that is on the market for the Xterra (that I know of). Nissan's factory guys probably have one though. I'm sure you could retrofit a boost controller, Blitz, Greddy, APEXi ect but I don't know any mods like a manual needle valve for controlling the boost from a vac line. Perhaps different "wastegate" springs. Do they even call it a wastegate on superghargers?

My RX is pretty modded but the X is still stock. "less than 6 months old" But I'll get a intake and cat-back before summer. After that mods will be made to Wheel tire combos and shocks. After that I'll stop and look at the 05 X... eek

#414137 - 25/03/04 10:56 PM Re: datalogging
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanx for the reply, i think i'm going to breakdown and buy that adapter for my eclipse datalogger. when i do i'll post the site that sells them and if it works on the x. i'm a little surprised more x owners aren't datalogging, at 14.5psi it would be nice to know timing, knock, fuel trims, etc. on road or off. allows you to avoid a major motor catastrophy. an apexi afc-2 in in the more distant future, at $350 it can wait. i will post when i get that hooked up also, if anyone is ever interested.

#414138 - 25/03/04 10:59 PM Re: datalogging
Anonymous
Unregistered

BTW 85 rx-7 with a 383? thats got to be a monster, nice...

#414139 - 26/03/04 06:15 AM Re: datalogging
rx7xterra Offline

Loc: Omaha, NE
X-Fan I see we have the same taste in vehicles! [ThumbsUp]

'93 here too. With, surprise, surprise...... Boost problems. I'm not even bothering to attempt to make the truck faster. Just taller. smile

Got a link to your '85? A friend and I have been contemplating a similar project.

#414140 - 26/03/04 04:12 PM Re: datalogging
Anonymous
Unregistered

No boost problems here. I shouldn't go this off topic but I'll give you the link to a photo page that has a few pics of the 383. I did not make a site dedicated to the car just some of my stuff in general. E-mail me if you want to chat more about it.

http://groups.msn.com/MyRX7sandStuff/shoebox.msnw?pgmarket=en-us

#414141 - 05/04/04 12:32 PM Re: datalogging
rb42 Offline

Loc: McKinney
When you get some data, please post what kind of data you can get. It's my experience the generic scantools dont get very much thats useful... not even MAP!

-=RB

#414142 - 07/04/04 03:02 PM Re: datalogging
Anonymous
Unregistered

A superchargers boost level is fixed. It is determined by the rpm of the blower, which in turn is based off of engine rpm and pulley size.

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal