2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#411304 - 30/05/04 02:50 PM somebody help me out
Anonymous
Unregistered

i've got a 2000 se, and i wanna find out what kind of supercharger i can fit onto it, like model numbers and stuff, and what snorkle i can get for it. if u can help out by giving me different part numbers and stuff please post. and pics of the parts would help alot too.

thanx.

#411305 - 30/05/04 02:57 PM Re: somebody help me out
PoorBoy Offline

Loc: Nacogdoches, TX
I don't believe there are any aftermarket superchargers available for pre-2002's. And if there is it's not worth the money to get one installed. That's why the newer Xterras have the raised hood, to make the supercharger fit.

Here's a link to the snorkel.
Snorkel

I'd really recommend almost any other list of mods before a snorkel... like, tires, bumpers, lifts, etc...

#411306 - 30/05/04 02:59 PM Re: somebody help me out
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
*cough* SEARCH *cough*

Your best bet if you seriously want to supercharge is to find a whole supercharged engine int he junkyard and swap out the whole engine. Adding one to yours is a lot of trouble and reqires a lot of special parts that you can only get from Nissan or the junkyard. It would be less expensive and easier just to swap the whole engine. Don't forget to cut a big hole in your hood or do a body lift too, or your hood won't close.

The only company that even came close to offering an S/C kit was Alpine Performance or whatever their name is. Apparently they are not committed to it; they asked for volunteers for people to test it on and lots of us responded but never heard back. I don't think you'll see it anytime soon and it will be $3K if it does happen.

You can get a snorkel from ARB. Before you spend your money on one and cut a hole in your fender, think about WHY you want it. It really doesn't do much on the Xterra. You get your intake up higher, but your alternator and your engine electronics are still lower than the intake ever was.

#411307 - 30/05/04 03:05 PM Re: somebody help me out
xcanuk Offline

Loc: Mtl. Que. Canada
Just so you know, your truck isn't an SE, hell, its not an XE either. We Canadians only had one model, no options, X in 2000..closer to the US XE of that year.
If you want performance, you'll have to look at airchargers and exhaust.

#411308 - 30/05/04 04:03 PM Re: somebody help me out
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Huh?] You are aware that a supercharged engine requires less compression, therefore you will be required to change pistons, as well as a whole list of other items. Cheaper to swap out the engine and ECM

#411309 - 30/05/04 05:31 PM Re: somebody help me out
ChuckH Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jthibault71:
[Huh?] You are aware that a supercharged engine requires less compression, therefore you will be required to change pistons, as well as a whole list of other items. Cheaper to swap out the engine and ECM
I think you meant to say that the S/C runs higher compression, which is why the internals are beefed up slightly! wink

[Wave]

#411310 - 30/05/04 07:09 PM Re: somebody help me out
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Huh?] Um, I'm pretty sure I meant lower compression. The supercharger forcing the air into the engine creates the higher compression. Or, could this be a question for CYCLEMUT? I could actually find out myself Tues a.m., but if anyone can answer sooner, have at it. [Wave]

#411311 - 30/05/04 08:39 PM Re: somebody help me out
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckH:
I think you meant to say that the S/C runs higher compression, which is why the internals are beefed up slightly!
Nope, the S/C engine has lower compression than the normally aspirated version. Cyclemut has a supercharger for me if I wish to install it on my X. He thinks we can get 250+HP out of it easily due to the NA engine having higher compression.

Our WRX is similar, only an 8:1 compression ratio and the NA 2.5 liter is 10:1.

You are putting denser air into the cylinder with a supercharger or turbo, but the cylinder volume ratio between TDC and BDC is the number that counts.

#411312 - 30/05/04 08:44 PM Re: somebody help me out
Hustler Offline

Loc: ogden,ut
Just add the supercharged sticker. laugh

#411313 - 30/05/04 08:45 PM Re: somebody help me out
ChuckH Offline

Well color me stupid; I thought the S/C was higher compression! shocked All this time and nobody corrected me until now!

#411314 - 31/05/04 06:49 AM Re: somebody help me out
Anonymous
Unregistered

Supercharged motors usually always have a lower compression ratio...which is the comparison of combustion chamber volume at bottom dead center v. that at top dead center. This is strictly a mechanical comparison. The compression itself in the boosted motor will, in most cases, be higer because of the forced induction. This is another variable that works independently of the simple mechanical ratio.

#411315 - 31/05/04 02:35 PM Re: somebody help me out
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island

#411316 - 31/05/04 10:35 PM Re: somebody help me out
Anonymous
Unregistered

That guy had better have a special license to sell those 'explosives' and ship them!

Those airbags require special shipping as well.

Yes, you can put a SC on a N/A motor, but you have to have the manifolds and under-manifold lines to complete the install. The ECU can remain, but the useage of a piggyback a/f modifier is highly reccomended. Also, a new MAF sensor is also reccomended, but not totally necessary. It's just to insure that it's good, not on the way to going bad.

Stock injectors for the N/A can also be reused.

If putting one on a N/A engine, don't get a smaller pulley, as the N/A engine does have higher compression, thus acting like a smaller pulley to begin with. The pressure of the normal SC on a N/A engine will be like the pressure of a modified SC on the SC engine. Make sense?

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal