Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#409805 - 06/07/04 11:02 PM Official "Exhaust" and "Intake" Thread :)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've been roaming through some posts, and looking for info... also calling some suppliers to see what's out there...

So I wanted to make a post where we could all get the necessary info down on mods that are available for our X's.

In terms of a cold air intake, here's what I've found:

AirRaid makes one - not sure of the part #, price is in the $180 range.

K&N - apparantly they do NOT make this kit for the non-s/c xterra's. Anyone know if this is true?

Flowmaster - anyone have a part # for the muffler we need?

Add info if you can! I'm looking to do some mods soon smile

#409806 - 06/07/04 11:39 PM Re: Official "Exhaust" and "Intake" Thread :)
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
I have a K&N in my 2000 Xterra. As for mufflers, whatever fits.

Oh, and don't make official threads unless you work here. wink All the information you need about intake and exhaust is already available, just search for it.

#409807 - 07/07/04 01:43 AM Re: Official "Exhaust" and "Intake" Thread :)
XterraDiver Offline

Loc: Monterey, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Sybersport:

K&N - apparantly they do NOT make this kit for the non-s/c xterra's. Anyone know if this is true?
Not true. They just started making the ones for the SC version that are FIPK. The non-SC FIPK versions have been out for a long time.

You didn't say what year X you have, but here is the info for K&N FIPK for a 2002:

57-6005

57-6010 (SC Version)

#409808 - 07/07/04 02:33 PM Re: Official "Exhaust" and "Intake" Thread :)
Anonymous
Unregistered

i have an AirAid system in my truck i have a 2002 xe s/c... I'm real close to buying the 40 series flowmaster with the 2 and 1/2 pipe... My question, would that still pass emissions tests? I live in NJ... would that be too loud also? i just want a good sound... After that I'm picking up a chip not sure which one is best yet.

#409809 - 08/07/04 12:49 PM Re: Official "Exhaust" and "Intake" Thread :)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have K&N d FIPK for non S/C Model

Flow master exhaust is series 40 with 2.5 pipes.

expect your gas mileage to drop substantially if you are the type that like the growl your Xterra will make once theses mods are done.

I would reccomend changing the routing of exhaust. Do not match factory bends if you plan on any serious offroading.

This is the second time I have done this, once with factory pipes and now after mufler ugrade.

See photos...

Before...
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jrcdzn/detail?.dir=/ff35&.dnm=51d7.jpg&.src=ph
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jrcdzn/detail?.dir=/ff35&.dnm=6335.jpg&.src=ph

...After
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jrcdzn/detail?.dir=/ff35&.dnm=4ea7.jpg
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jrcdzn/detail?.dir=/ff35&.dnm=b1eb.jpg&.src=ph
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jrcdzn/detail?.dir=/ff35&.dnm=4eda.jpg&.src=ph

#409810 - 12/07/04 05:37 PM Re: Official "Exhaust" and "Intake" Thread :)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have the Nismo air intake and a Calmini Exhaust. I drive an '04 non-s-charged. Both available at xterraparts.com

#409811 - 14/07/04 05:56 AM Re: Official "Exhaust" and "Intake" Thread :)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by tomato:
I would reccomend changing the routing of exhaust. Do not match factory bends if you plan on any serious offroading.

This is the second time I have done this, once with factory pipes and now after mufler ugrade.
if you're going to re-route the exhaust, you should make sure that the end of the pipe isn't under the car like that. having the exhaust pipe end under the car like that is unsafe. exhaust gases will enter the interior, plus it's a fire hazard.

#409812 - 16/07/04 03:48 PM Re: Official "Exhaust" and "Intake" Thread :)
Anonymous
Unregistered

dude that would explain the headaches and the black outs! smile

As far as fire hazard goes, I had the stock exhaust melt the original spare tire that came stock with the truck. It is no win with the exhaust...

I talked to my exhaust guy ad-nauseum about this particular subject. Fumes and spare tire issues in particular.

He is reputable and has built countless exhausts for offroading, racing and shows. I have seen many many other vehicles of different brands have the exhaust much further inside the body than mine. As a matter of fact should I have any problems related to this rerouting he has said he will fix it free of charge.

I truelly hope it is not a problem becuase we did consider the potential pitfalls before this reroute.

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal