2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#409613 - 13/11/04 10:34 PM Flowmasters?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guys im new here and would like to find out some info about exhausts. I want to put on a exhaust that adds alot of sound and some better proformance, but dont know what exhaust to get. I looked at Magnaflow but it seems that they dont add much sound, I looked at Flowmasters and like the sound. Which would be a better exhaust, and where do I find flowmasters for Xterras confused ? Thanks. George

#409614 - 14/11/04 12:33 PM Re: Flowmasters?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just this weekend I actually installed Flowmaster 40's into my car, and I would have to say that the sound on them are amazing. But allow me to layout how I drive in my car first.

I drive with the music very loud, but when I have it low I can hear the Flowmaster making a sweet noise. I wish it got louder when I floored it, but since I have a S/C, the whine from the S/C kinda overpowers the muffler.

Performance increase??? I would have to say that I fell NO performance increase whatsoever. But let it be known that I didn't get Flowmasters with the intent of performance increase, I was looking 1st for the sound and 2nd for the slight MPG that I would get over the expanse of owning this car. If I got a simple 1/2 better MPG, I'd be happy (every 30 refills I get a free refill which is 40 bucks, so after 90 refills the flowmaster pays itself off).

Where did I get my Flowmasters? Off of Ebay, get them for 40 bucks, and the part number is 42441.

Install - Local exhaust shop for 60 bucks or less

#409615 - 14/11/04 01:02 PM Re: Flowmasters?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Or you can just go to your local muffleer shop and get it from them. If you look around and call the shops first you can find a good deal.

#409616 - 14/11/04 02:47 PM Re: Flowmasters?
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can check the local shops or just by one of ebay...I got one from a mom and pop shop over here. The sound is great when I have the stereo turned down. I find myself giving gas and letting of just to hear the sound. cool

#409617 - 14/11/04 04:08 PM Re: Flowmasters?
Anonymous
Unregistered

#409618 - 14/11/04 04:11 PM Re: Flowmasters?
Anonymous
Unregistered

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...sspagename=WDVW
that one will work fine, just go to your local muffler shop and ask them how much it would cost to weld it on, less than 60 bucks and you should go do it

#409619 - 15/11/04 12:40 PM Re: Flowmasters?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Guys what are baffles, is that inside the muffler? is there anyway of making the exhaust louder by takeing some of them out, or is this not good?

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal