Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#414856 - 25/12/04 02:45 PM Air Intake and Muffler (Super 40?)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I got some money for Christmas from family and figured there wouldn't be a better way to spend it than mods for my X. All in all, including money I've been saving I've got $350 or so to spend. I'm planning on going with the K&N FIPK intake. I can get one on ebay for $190 shipped which seems like a pretty good price to me - anyone seen lower anywhere? That'll leave $160 or so for a muffler. I haven't called the Mieneke in town yet but everyone here says it seems to cost $60 or so for installation so I've got plenty of cash left over to pick up the muffler on ebay. I was planning on getting the Flowmaster 40 series but found Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers on ebay that are only $20 or so more. It says it's the new model basically and has increased horsepower and also a deeper exterior sound while quieter interior sound. All that sounds good to me but I hadn't heard about these from anyone so I thought I'd ask y'all's opinion. For the X I need 2.25" offset inlet and 2.25" center outlet correct? Here's the item if anyone is interested - super 40 muffler on ebay and here's the intake k&n fipk ebay

#414857 - 27/12/04 08:25 AM Re: Air Intake and Muffler (Super 40?)
Anonymous
Unregistered

nobody knows anything about the super 40 series mufflers from flowmaster?

#414858 - 27/12/04 06:29 PM Re: Air Intake and Muffler (Super 40?)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I ended up just going to the Meineke and they put in a 40 Series Delta flow. It sounds fantastic, the deep aggressive tone I was looking for. Ordered the FIPK today also so as soon as I have that installed I'll let y'all know about combined benefits.

#414859 - 05/01/05 10:41 PM Re: Air Intake and Muffler (Super 40?)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did Meineke carry the 40 muffler or did you buy it off the net and bring it in?

#414860 - 08/01/05 10:06 PM Re: Air Intake and Muffler (Super 40?)
Anonymous
Unregistered

They had it there. Charged $90 for the muffler and $35 for installation. I could have gotten the muffler off ebay for cheaper but it was nice not having to wait for it and if I had to guess they might have charged more for installation if I hadn't bought the muffler from them as well.

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal