Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#411733 - 24/01/05 05:59 AM borla pro xs muffler on xterra part 2
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alright guys, installed borla pro xs on my xterra for 70 off ebay and 50 at meineke. SOUNDS GREAT! Sounds like a sportscar rumble or something like that. almost similar to the subaru WRX that has it on this site. First exhaust so really did not know what to expect. http://www.mattrandolph.com/mattspec.htm.

Anyway, this is my question. I have noticed a little bit of droning at highway speeds. Although, I think I will get used to it. Anybody tried to install a tip resonator or any other means of reducing the droning at highway speeds? anyone ever get a resonator big enough for the xterra stock exit pipe like I have? Any ideas would be appreciated in trying to reduce the sound a little bit in the cabin. Hopefully a cheap install.

Thanks!!

p.s did a few searches on forum but turned up nothing.

#411734 - 24/01/05 06:59 AM Re: borla pro xs muffler on xterra part 2
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is not answering your quesstion, but more out of curiosity. I am looking to do some exhaust work once this snow melts.

Is the muffler the only thing you replaced? what was your inlet/outlet size? any performance/gas milage increases?

#411735 - 24/01/05 08:11 AM Re: borla pro xs muffler on xterra part 2
Anonymous
Unregistered

have yet to get the results on mpg but there is a slight gain in power. But I got a bigger gain when i installed my AEM brute force intake(same thing as nismo intake). I will let you know what gains I see. Previous calculations show a 16mpg on my car. two more tanks and i will give you my average.

I installed only the muffler. its 2.25 in and out with center/offset. sounds good but just not used to the droning I get sometimes when i go down highway. I actually am noticing a little slight pain in my ears...like the ones coming from sounds that are small high pitch or soemthing like that. thinking it might be from the vibrations of the muffler. But it might just be that my music is loud. Not too sure, but I can say it wasn't there before. That is why I am trying to lower the droning noise.

#411736 - 26/01/05 08:10 AM Re: borla pro xs muffler on xterra part 2
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alright, the weirdest thing happened. I noticed that my head pipe was welded too close to the bumper causing the bumper to actually melt off a little. So thus I went and has it fixed. They rewelded the whole thing and its looks fine now. The sound is gone though, the droning and the big noise is all gone. I don't get it. The only different I see if probably a slight bend in the pipe. I kept the same 2.25 size pipe too. I am kind of confused on why this happened. Anyone ever have this happen before? Any ideas on how I could fix it? I'll post pics when i can

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal