Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#409365 - 15/05/05 07:41 PM Mass air flow?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was curious if anyone here has tried a mass air meter off any other vehicles on there X? I was recently a DSMer and some people were using a mass air meter off either the lt1 or ls1 and it gave a new opportunity to tune. This increased hp a substantial amount when upgrading the exhaust and air intake. (Note that the DSM was also a turbo model).

#409366 - 15/05/05 09:50 PM Re: Mass air flow?
bluztraveler Offline

Loc: Surrey , B.C. ,Canada
I never found one for the Xterra.
But I haven't stopped looking.
I did take the wire mesh out from in front of it.

#409367 - 16/05/05 10:16 AM Re: Mass air flow?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm also another past DSM'er. Hence the name. I first had a 92 RS that got me through high school then moved onto a 98 GS-T with a 20g turbo on it.

I havent seen any mods similar to that one, nor have I really looked for one. Since going to the Xterra, I'm trying erverything as possible not to suck myself back into the cash drain of performance mods.

4x4 mods however....Well thats another story altogether wink

#409368 - 26/05/05 02:09 PM Re: Mass air flow?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Im kind curious on performance mods, but im still under warranty... HELP!

#409369 - 26/05/05 09:11 PM Re: Mass air flow?
Anonymous
Unregistered

One more past DSMr here. Starting to think I was the only one here.

99 GST spyder.

I haven't seen any mods out there for the X like we had that would yield even close to the results we could get before. Kind of a bummer; it would be pretty cool just to have the ability to dial things in like we want.

I don't want to go speeding around in the truck or anything, but some more ooomph wouldn't suck.

#409370 - 27/05/05 01:15 PM Re: Mass air flow?
Anonymous
Unregistered

i'll keep it goin...ex dsm owner as well, 91 GSX that i loved but was a complete money pit. Transfer case blew (or should i say locked up) at 90 mph and cost two arms and a leg to get going again. On a positive note, I did learn a heck of a lot on how to repair an AWD drivetrain. :rolleyes:
Although it would be nice to have the availability of performance mods for the X that the DSM's have, i'm glad my X isnt an all wheel drive turbo! I never thought about doing the MAF mod though, maybe someone will stumble upon one that will increase flow.
later

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal