Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#408128 - 22/05/06 04:00 PM Nismo R Tune/ K&N intake, pictures?
paulgw Offline

Loc: St.Albans, Herts, UK.
Ok, before I get flamed, I have "searched" on the forums and I couldn't find exactly the info' that I'm looking for. So here goes...

I'm trying to squeeze as much mpg's out of my 2001 X as possible, not an easy job I know, but gas is really expensive over here in the UK at the moment. It wasn't cheap before, but **** me it's gone through the roof now!!! I could sell the X and buy a Honda Penis [Finger] , but where's the fun in that?

So I'm considering either the Nismo R Tune or the K&N FIPK 57-6005 cold air intake system. Anyone out there have any experience with either of these parts?

It's easier for me to get the Nismo one over here as I can order it directly from Xterraparts (love those guys, wish UK Nissan dealers were as good). I'm probably being stupid again, but looking at the photo on Xterraparts.com, the Nismo air intake doesn't seem to have anywhere to plug the pipes and sensors back in?

Anyone got a photo of a Nismo intake installed on an Xterra?

Thanks!

Paul.
laugh

#408129 - 23/05/06 06:23 AM Re: Nismo R Tune/ K&N intake, pictures?
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Of course the Nismo intake has accomodations for the factory vacuum lines and sensors. Go to www.nissanusa.com/nismo and find it, you'll see the 2 nipples for the vacuum lines, and a hole in the shield for the air temp sensor. The stock MAF is used.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#408130 - 23/05/06 12:22 PM Re: Nismo R Tune/ K&N intake, pictures?
paulgw Offline

Loc: St.Albans, Herts, UK.
Thanks OffroadX! Trust me to ask another stupid question!!!
Paul.

#408131 - 23/05/06 02:00 PM Re: Nismo R Tune/ K&N intake, pictures?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
Of course the Nismo intake has accomodations for the factory vacuum lines and sensors. Go to www.nissanusa.com/nismo and find it, you'll see the 2 nipples for the vacuum lines, and a hole in the shield for the air temp sensor. The stock MAF is used.
The K&N also has said fittings. The stock MAF is used as well.

#408132 - 09/06/06 10:38 PM Re: Nismo R Tune/ K&N intake, pictures?
Anonymous
Unregistered

so does AEM Brute Force. Stock MAF used

#408133 - 10/06/06 07:45 AM Re: Nismo R Tune/ K&N intake, pictures?
Anonymous
Unregistered

has anyone used this?
http://www.spencerlowracing.com/products/

hmm i dont think the link worked but it is the iV Clean air sytem from SLR

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal