Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#405723 - 01/03/07 07:05 PM Rough idle, poor gas mileage.
Anonymous
Unregistered

2006 4x4 OR, 10,000 miles. For the last 6mts gas mileage has dropped to 10 in town. Severe hesitation when giving gas, rough idle. I have had to dealer twice. They finaly, told me that since no warning lights are comming on, nor codes, that there isnt anything they can do until a tech alert comes out. I have called Nissan Consumer Affiars, twice still waiting to hear. Any suggestions to take to dealer??

#405724 - 02/03/07 01:24 AM Re: Rough idle, poor gas mileage.
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Maybe try another dealer? That's pretty shitty there! Hard to say what the problem is, but I would start with Oxygen sensors or maybe a clogged catalytic converter? Of course check the obvious things like your air cleaner (might only have 10K but something may have made a nest in there or something!), change where you get your gas... things like that.

#405725 - 02/03/07 10:33 AM Re: Rough idle, poor gas mileage.
Anonymous
Unregistered

That happened to me as well before. Shaking at idle, rough MPG and so forth.

Before you go and hit the sensors I'd suggest running a can of seafoam through the tank. I had an issue with clogged injectors. However, since you only have about 10,000 miles it's weird for them to clog already.

Also, with the same symptoms my fuel pressure regulator failed later on. I would keep that in mind as well.

He's right, though. My dealer here didn't do squat without the codes lit up as well. At the time I was still under warranty.

#405726 - 02/03/07 05:44 PM Re: Rough idle, poor gas mileage.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the replies. I will keep pushing Nissan Consumer Affairs. I have already sent then a certified letter. I supposedly have a tech assigned to my case. 2 more times to the dealer and I am going scream lemon.

#405727 - 03/03/07 01:14 PM Re: Rough idle, poor gas mileage.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hell if they won't look at it if no codes or the check engine light isn't on.. Make the check engine light come on.

Unplug the AFM or another sensor for it to throw a code. Then go back laugh

They had a TSB for the brake rotors on the Armada, I took the truck in for them to "replace" the rotors but they only turned them and replaced the pads.

After that I drove the truck for a mile or so with my foot dragging on the brake pedal, got home and hosed them off with water (warped them on purpose) then sent it right back in for the upgraded replacement. I very much dislike dealers.

#405728 - 07/03/07 02:56 AM Re: Rough idle, poor gas mileage.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ah, that's how you got the name Rotordemon laugh

#405729 - 07/03/07 11:46 AM Re: Rough idle, poor gas mileage.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 56kz2slow:
Ah, that's how you got the name Rotordemon laugh
[LOL] That's exactly what I was thinking.

#405730 - 27/03/07 02:04 PM Re: Rough idle, poor gas mileage.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm right where you are.
Almost 30k on my truck and I'm pulling about 10mpg around town. If its nice this weekend, I'm going to try cleaning the air sensors.
If I don't see an improvement, I'm bringing it in.

#405731 - 28/03/07 05:55 PM Re: Rough idle, poor gas mileage.
Anonymous
Unregistered

what about putting the sea foam through the vac lines right into the intake. ive heard its better to do it that way since it goes right into the intake. it'll smoke like a bitch, but its been known to clean it out real good. im not quite sure how to do it though. i usually put it in my tank.

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal