2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#405587 - 15/06/07 02:24 PM What's the best thing to do?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi everyone. I'm a noob to the whole exhaust mod thing. I have a K&N intake. My buddy who is a mechanical engineer has got me convinced that I need to do something to improve on the exhaust as well. I live in CA, so smog is a big deal. What would you all recommend for me for an OEM exhaust system? Oh yeah...it's an '02 4x4 XE.

#405588 - 15/06/07 05:07 PM Re: What's the best thing to do?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Search it up man, plenty of exhaust topics on here. Flowmaster, Magnaflow, Calmini, options are out there. Just need to search it out.

#405589 - 15/06/07 05:17 PM Re: What's the best thing to do?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BamaXman:
Search it up man, plenty of exhaust topics on here. Flowmaster, Magnaflow, Calmini, options are out there. Just need to search it out.
Yeah I was just looking for recommendations. I know there's tons out there. But everyone who makes one is going to claim theirs is the best. I wanted to get some thoughts from people who've actually done it.

#405590 - 15/06/07 08:17 PM Re: What's the best thing to do?
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
I have a flowmaster 40 series welded in and the sound is great and it wasnt expensive at all. Magnaflow, borla etc are all good but they cost much more $$$$. Ive heard around here that some folks had issues with the calmini one rusting on them...i would steer clear of that. Good luck.

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#405591 - 16/06/07 12:16 AM Re: What's the best thing to do?
Anonymous
Unregistered

ditto on the Flowmaster 40, the sound is intense on the X.

#405592 - 16/06/07 08:21 AM Re: What's the best thing to do?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you're worried about smog, anything "cat back" will work fine for you as you aren't changing any of the pollution control elements.

#405593 - 16/06/07 03:47 PM Re: What's the best thing to do?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterra3202:
I have a flowmaster 40 series welded in and the sound is great and it wasnt expensive at all. Magnaflow, borla etc are all good but they cost much more $$$$. Ive heard around here that some folks had issues with the calmini one rusting on them...i would steer clear of that. Good luck.

Tim
What about HP's? Any change for you with the Flowmaster? I checked the Flowmaster website, and there's nothing listed for the 2002's. confused

#405594 - 18/06/07 10:30 AM Re: What's the best thing to do?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've got a Flowmaster 40 Original on mine as well. I've increase the piping to 2.5" also.

Sounds really nice. Not too loud but easily distinguishable from a stock exhaust. Does not drone much, maybe just a little at certain speeds.

No performance gains that I have felt.

I've had mine for over 2.5 years and there's a little rust but it's not too bad. Does not seem to rust out really fast, and I live in Chicago where they use salt extensively during the winter months.

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal