Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 234 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#406499 - 17/02/03 07:29 AM Bad gas mileage gone worse !!!!!!!
pardue1 Offline

Loc: Lumberton, North Carolina
Well - I have been reading about bad gas mileage and I have to agree. My red 2WD Xterra - the first one ever to come and purchased in Lumberton, NC has never gotten above 16 on a road trip and usually averages 13-14. Well, my son was driving it and it was involved in a front end collision. After $8,500 and over 2 months I finally got it back only to be getting a little over 10 mpg and only getting 200 miles out of a tank full. The repair shop swears the frame is not warped - but I do know they had to replace the first cross member brace under the front of the engine. Does anyone have any ideas why the gas mileage would have gone from bad to down right shitty ??

#406500 - 17/02/03 08:56 AM Re: Bad gas mileage gone worse !!!!!!!
Strom Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Have you checked the alignment and the amount of air pressure in the tires?

#406501 - 17/02/03 09:00 AM Re: Bad gas mileage gone worse !!!!!!!
Paco Pico Offline

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA
I would agree with Strom...Maybe you should take to another shop for an alignment/inspection.

If you find something incorrectly repaired, you can go back against the original repairing facility for the charges.

#406502 - 17/02/03 10:25 AM Re: Bad gas mileage gone worse !!!!!!!
pardue1 Offline

Loc: Lumberton, North Carolina
Thanks guys for the replys - I may just do that - the repair shop swears they had the front end aligned - that was the first question that I asked. I have also taken it back last week to have it checked out again and they swear they cannot find anything wrong with it.

I think I got screwed and on top of that the insurance company has raised my insraince $65/month. OUCH !!

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal