2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#414630 - 28/05/03 01:23 PM Another K&N FIPK question
Sgt_Lobo Offline

Loc: Ocean Springs, MS
Hey all, was reading through all the posts about the K&N FIPK and never found an answer to this:

Will it install properly on a truck with a 3" body lift?

Their website sais it is not designed for trucks with body lifts, but I know many of us on this sight do indeed have body lifts to help us clear those big tires. So, if anyone has a body lift and the FIPK installed, please let me know!

Thanks...

#414631 - 29/05/03 07:23 AM Re: Another K&N FIPK question
JayzX Offline

Loc: Sigonella, Sicily, Italy
I'd e-mail the company who said that and ask them why. I don't know how the filter mounts up, but if it uses the stock mounting points I can't see why you should not use the FIPK.

Quote:
From the Review section of XOC:
Install the rubber mounting posts for the hear shield to the body of the vehicle. The heat shield will be attached to these posts later.
Is this why? Does the body lift change the location of the body in relation to the intake piping? Sorry, I'm extremely ignorant on body lifts.

"What are you gonna make me do? Wack a guy? Off a guy? Wack-off a guy? Cuz I'm married!" - Peter (The Family Guy)

#414632 - 29/05/03 10:20 AM Re: Another K&N FIPK question
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Lobo, I doubt it would fit straight out of the box. With the body 3 inches higher, the filter would have nowhere to go, it sits very close to the fender well.

How does the body lift mount the stock airbox ?

#414633 - 29/05/03 12:53 PM Re: Another K&N FIPK question
Aero Steve Offline

Loc: Land of OZ - Home of the Jayha...
The flexible section in the stock airbox allows enough give to fit at least a 2" body lift. I've seen that done. It's very tight. I would think the FIPK could be modified to work. The orange sections of tubing may allow enough give to get it up high enough.

JayzX, When you body lift the fender area where the airbox is mounted moves up in relation to the engine so the intake needs to stretch to fit.

#414634 - 29/05/03 05:34 PM Re: Another K&N FIPK question
JayzX Offline

Loc: Sigonella, Sicily, Italy
Thanks for clearing that up Steve and Ian. I looked up the parts for a body lift and then went out to the X and looked around in the engine bay. It did look like there wasn't that much slack in the intake hose. frown I'm sure a small section of large dia. plastic pipe installed in the middle of the intake hose could make it all work together. Just make sure the plastic can take the heat of the engine. smile

"What are you gonna make me do? Wack a guy? Off a guy? Wack-off a guy? Cuz I'm married!" - Peter (The Family Guy)

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal