Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#407615 - 28/03/04 06:17 AM Calmini Exhaust bolt on for Xterra ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

How easy is it to install the Calmini high flow exhaust system (Cat back) that they sell for the Xterra's ? I have a 2000 year model. Is this a 100% bolt on system ? Is it just a matter of unbolting the old stock exhaust and putting this one in it's place ?
How much power/fuel economy/ and performance do you gain by installing this one ?

Thanks for any info,
Troy

#407616 - 28/03/04 06:41 AM Re: Calmini Exhaust bolt on for Xterra ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome aboard MrTroy. I've changed out three exhausts; a Gibson, a Nissan Sport, and a Magnaflow. All of which were simple swaps, bolt for bolt.
ps- it's a 4x2 [Wave]

#407617 - 28/03/04 07:16 AM Re: Calmini Exhaust bolt on for Xterra ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Troy, [Wave]
I don't think you have the color correct. Is it Mineral Blue? Better change it before a sniper takes you out.

DBAX, Which one did you like better?

#407618 - 28/03/04 08:01 AM Re: Calmini Exhaust bolt on for Xterra ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Gibson and Nissan Sport were for two other club members, mine is the Magnaflow. I like the sound, it mellows out the growl from my intake. Also, I've noticed that where my reserve light(fuel) used to come on at 203-208 miles, it now pops on around 211-215. It could possibly increase after the joy of a new exhaust wears off, and I lighten my right foot too.

#407619 - 30/03/04 10:05 AM Re: Calmini Exhaust bolt on for Xterra ?
Shodan Offline

Loc: British Columbia
The Calmini exhaust system for the XTerra is a straightforward bolt on. Just be careful when ordering the kit for 2003 and up. There is an extra part that you must order but Calmini forgot to specify this on their website. They may have changed it now but it caused us some grief and the person we talked to at Calmini was not very helpful even though we clearly ordered the 2003 kit. That said, it really opened things up. The truck is definitely more responsive. If you don't open up things at the intake end (ie., K & N FIPK kit or other), however, you won't get a substantial performance increase.
Once the thrill subsides and you back off on the throttle I found an increase of 2.2 mpg on the highway with the FIPK and the cat back system.

#407620 - 09/04/04 08:10 AM Re: Calmini Exhaust bolt on for Xterra ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Shodan:
Just be careful when ordering the kit for 2003 and up. There is an extra part that you must order but Calmini forgot to specify this on their website. They may have changed it now but it caused us some grief and the person we talked to at Calmini was not very helpful even though we clearly ordered the 2003 kit.
So what is this extra part that's needed? I'm looking at maybe ordering the Calmini exhaust off of XterraParts.com today.

#407621 - 09/04/04 08:22 AM Re: Calmini Exhaust bolt on for Xterra ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I did some searching around and didn't see it stated one way or the other...

If installing the Calmini exhaust (side outlet) will the spare tire still fit underneath?

#407622 - 12/04/04 11:28 AM Re: Calmini Exhaust bolt on for Xterra ?
Scott Offline

Loc: Fort Collins, Colorado
Quote:
Originally posted by LeeNetworX:
I did some searching around and didn't see it stated one way or the other...

If installing the Calmini exhaust (side outlet) will the spare tire still fit underneath?
Yes. I have the Calmini side exit and the spare fits fine. I only have 31x10.50 tires, but I think you could push the spare over a little if it were an issue with larger tires.

#407623 - 12/04/04 12:54 PM Re: Calmini Exhaust bolt on for Xterra ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just had a Borla exhaust installed on my 04 X. The 02 and up, I beleive have a slip joint below the cat. Your installer will have to weld a flange on a short piece of pipe and join the two with a slip joint and regular muffler clamp.

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal