2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#413717 - 26/06/04 04:58 AM Exhausts and choices
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK now I am looking to get an exhaust. I have looked into the borla, gibson and calmini, as far as i know those are the only cat backs.

The main thing I am looking for is one, if someone had more than one of these if thye could tell me which was better. And two I did a search on the sound clips but it says its no longer there, could someone post some soundclips of these exhausts.

Also other than the calmini if you have the borla or gibson if you could post where you got it, and what you paid if you dont mind that would be great... I thank you in advance and so I dont get yelled at I SEARCHED!!!!!!!!!!!

#413718 - 26/06/04 08:47 AM Re: Exhausts and choices
Paco Pico Offline

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by X2theZ:
I thank you in advance and so I dont get yelled at I SEARCHED!!!!!!!!!!!
Relax Coconut!

#413719 - 26/06/04 09:40 AM Re: Exhausts and choices
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
dont waste your money on those systems. go to ebay get a brand new flowmaster 40 series 2.25in for about 40 bucks w/shipping and have some local shop weld it on and put on a new exit pipe and a cool tip. sounds just as good, totally customizable and less money.

Thomas Jefferson

#413720 - 28/06/04 04:00 PM Re: Exhausts and choices
Anonymous
Unregistered

I bought the Calamini Cat back for my s/c. Living in NY I would no recommend you buy it. It was on since the end of last summer. I only have 12,000 miles on my car probably 4 is with the exhaust. Now the muffler is completely rusted out and the exhaust tip is hitting the rear fender and rattle like a bitch. If it aint Stainless, dont waste your time, living in the northeast we are screwed. Magaflow is comming out with a cat back in 6 weeks.

#413721 - 28/07/04 04:26 AM Re: Exhausts and choices
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've got the Gibson here. Nice system, easy install, decent sound. Not very loud, but loud enough to detect that it's not stock.

Bought the Stainless version, since I live in the Northeast, for $349 from Spencer Low Racing.

Also bought their intake. Happy with both items.

#413722 - 28/07/04 08:24 AM Re: Exhausts and choices
Anonymous
Unregistered

HKS makes a catback for your year model. But as mentioned above the Magnaflow one coming out soon should be nice, though they have some pretty outrageous dyno claims on thier website. It looks to be a bit pricey too.

#413723 - 10/08/04 05:49 PM Re: Exhausts and choices
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm thinking of getting flowmaster 40 serius. But there seems to be three different kinds.
Do you know what part number I need for a 2004 xterra.

Shell I get the 2.25 or 2.5?

thanks

#413724 - 10/08/04 06:44 PM Re: Exhausts and choices
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, you get the idea anyways. Check out MAGNAFLOW [Smoking]

#413725 - 17/08/04 04:56 PM Re: Exhausts and choices
mummer43 Offline

Loc: Pottsville, PA
I had a Borla on my X. I currently have a Magnaflow on my Taco and i really like it. You can't go wrong with either one.

Personally, I wouldn't get a flowmaster but it's all a matter of opinion.

#413726 - 31/08/04 09:40 AM Re: Exhausts and choices
Guy Offline

Loc: San Diego, Ca.
Quote:
Originally posted by dave griswold:
I've got the Gibson here. Nice system, easy install, decent sound. Not very loud, but loud enough to detect that it's not stock.

Bought the Stainless version, since I live in the Northeast, for $349 from Spencer Low Racing.

Also bought their intake. Happy with both items.
From what I've read it looks like the Gibson will work with the factory tow hitch. Can anyone verify that for me? Also, would anyone feel that the extra $$$$ for the Nissan Sport Exhaust system be worth it?

Thanks,
Guy

#413727 - 01/09/04 07:55 PM Re: Exhausts and choices
Guy Offline

Just got a 15% off coupon from Mossy Nissan on any Nissan part. The Nissan exhaust is looking better now. Still, would the Gibson be considered comporable?

Thanks,
Guy

#413728 - 02/09/04 08:14 PM Re: Exhausts and choices
Anonymous
Unregistered

What is that soup can looking thing between the end of the tail pipe and the muffler on my 2000 Xterra?

#413729 - 03/09/04 08:32 AM Re: Exhausts and choices
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
A resonator.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#413730 - 03/09/04 09:20 AM Re: Exhausts and choices
Anonymous
Unregistered

#413731 - 03/09/04 07:56 PM Re: Exhausts and choices
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK so it is a resonator, now what does it do and should I make it go away for better perfoemance?

#413732 - 04/09/04 06:13 AM Re: Exhausts and choices
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom:
OK so it is a resonator, now what does it do and should I make it go away for better perfoemance?
It's made to muffle the sound coming out of your exhaust...So getting rid of it would make your exhaust louder and give a slight gain...

#413733 - 05/09/04 05:26 PM Re: Exhausts and choices
Anonymous
Unregistered

i ordered my gibson SS from 4wheelparts for 253. i ordered like, 3400 worth of parts at the same time, so i may have got cut a deal...regardless, my salesmans name was kevin and he was cutting me deals left and right down from advertised prices. if you decide to call them and order anything, i would recommend him in a heartbeat to the pope himself, for all ur needs. his extension is 5111

#413734 - 05/09/04 05:53 PM Re: Exhausts and choices
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yea i have been dealing with them too.. they are great... anyone ordering anything should really talk to them and at least see if they can help you out... they have also gone out of there way to get things that i wanted... great source!

on the topic: does the gibson come out the same side as stock? in the diagram it doesnt... anyone know?

thanks in advance.

#413735 - 07/09/04 03:05 AM Re: Exhausts and choices
Anonymous
Unregistered

Unless you are getting the Nissan Exhaust for free dont wast your time. Just had to put that system on a 04 for Mossy. Their way of trying to get a couple extra bucks. It is nothing more than a Dynomax muffler, the only change in the piping was after the muffler and that wasn't to impressive either. Save the cash go to a exhaust shop and have a magnaflow put on you will get the results you want with have the money

#413736 - 07/09/04 04:42 PM Re: Exhausts and choices
Guy Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by boognight:
Yea i have been dealing with them too.. they are great... anyone ordering anything should really talk to them and at least see if they can help you out... they have also gone out of there way to get things that i wanted... great source!

on the topic: does the gibson come out the same side as stock? in the diagram it doesnt... anyone know?

thanks in advance.
The description here says it exits on the driver side.. Gibson

#413737 - 09/09/04 12:53 PM Re: Exhausts and choices
Anonymous
Unregistered

i got all my stuff yesterday and haven't got anything installed yet but the exhaust appears to come out the same side, in other words there are no extra bends to the other side of my X

#413738 - 13/09/04 07:20 AM Re: Exhausts and choices
Anonymous
Unregistered

Regarding Flowmaster 40 series, how much did it cost yall to have that wielded on at an exhaust shop?

#413739 - 13/09/04 08:26 AM Re: Exhausts and choices
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can't go wrong with Borla. Anything other than stainless will fall apart. Even after a year of the harsh San Francisco Bay Area climate, my calmini is rusted all to hell. I had borla on my previous vehicles, and they were flawless after years of use. I wanted to go with Calmini to save some $$$ however looks like in a year or two, I'll be replacing this.

#413740 - 15/09/04 11:38 PM Re: Exhausts and choices
Anonymous
Unregistered

Got my Flowmaster installed by Meineke in Santa Rosa CA and noticed an improvement in response right away. The sound is nice, but not overly loud (left the resonator in place) and the performance improvement is apparent to me. Cost under $50 to have them put it on and the instillation was done quickly and professionally, I recommend them highly for anyone wanting exhaust work done living in the area. I have nothing to do with them as I live in Wisconsin, but just thought anyone in the area would benifit from the info or a shop doing good work at a reasonable price.

#413741 - 16/09/04 01:03 PM Re: Exhausts and choices
Anonymous
Unregistered

Question on the pipes, are you guys useing an "X" pipe, "H" pipe or any type of crossover pipe to connent the two cylinder banks?

Just curious.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal