Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 234 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#412892 - 20/09/04 08:03 PM Flowmasters on a S/C
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've done alot of researching and haven't found my answer. My engine is Supercharged and I was wondering would a Supercharger sound bad with a flowmaster 40 or 50 series? Also... Does the 50 series roar when you slam the gas? Or is it mellow throughout all RPM's? Everybody says that the 50 series is alot more mellow, but I don't want to spend some 100 bucks in total, to have only a slight small change. I want an exhaust that will drown the noise of my Supercharger.
Thanks in advance,
Josh

#412893 - 20/09/04 08:32 PM Re: Flowmasters on a S/C
Anonymous
Unregistered

Blasphemy!

SuperChargers are meant to be heard.

#412894 - 20/09/04 08:43 PM Re: Flowmasters on a S/C
Anonymous
Unregistered

lol, okay fine. I do like the whine of the charger, adds a nice melody to the engine... But Cyclemut what do you suggest? a 40 or a 50?

#412895 - 21/09/04 08:22 AM Re: Flowmasters on a S/C
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Just_Blue:
lol, okay fine. I do like the whine of the charger, adds a nice melody to the engine... But Cyclemut what do you suggest? a 40 or a 50?
I've got a 40 series on mine. Nice tone.

#412896 - 21/09/04 08:32 AM Re: Flowmasters on a S/C
XChosen Offline

Loc: Mustang, OK
Same here. I love the 40.

#412897 - 21/09/04 08:34 AM Re: Flowmasters on a S/C
Anonymous
Unregistered

I went to a muffler shop, and got a quote on how much it would cost to get the flowmaster on... 65 bucks. I'm thinking thats a good deal, the whole deal would only cost me roughly 110 bucks. Oh ya

DOES ANYBODY HAVE A SOUND CLIP OF THE 40 OR 50?

Everybody is complaining about the sound, well how about somebody lay the rules down and show a friggin clip. I'm still unsure which one I want because I haven't heard either on a X.

Oh ya, regarding the dual exhaust... How the hell did you guys pull that off??? There is no space at all for dual exhaust, the only possible space I fear would melt the spare. It amazes me how you guys pulled off dulies...

#412898 - 21/09/04 10:05 PM Re: Flowmasters on a S/C
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm going to have to with the 40 series on this one as well. I've heard a couple, and heard another one today. I'd say a 40 would do good.

On mine, I'll be going louder though. True dual, with minimal expansion chambers. Possibly a cutover though, to sneak up on Bambi. wink

#412899 - 22/09/04 08:28 AM Re: Flowmasters on a S/C
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Just_Blue:
Everybody is complaining about the sound
Who's complaining? I think we all said we liked it.

#412900 - 22/09/04 09:19 AM Re: Flowmasters on a S/C
Anonymous
Unregistered

Get the 50 if your carting around granny. Get the 40 if you want to keep her awake. That's exactly what the shop told me, until I told the she was dead.

#412901 - 22/09/04 09:21 AM Re: Flowmasters on a S/C
Anonymous
Unregistered

I should probably just go all out with it, I mean the whole point for flowmasters is the sound... and the increase of power... [Laughing]
And how did you guys make it duel exhaust? That still bewilders me...

#412902 - 22/09/04 09:09 PM Re: Flowmasters on a S/C
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cut the passenger side pipe short just before it Y's into the driver's side pipe. Then run a second pipe alongside the original (which gets replaced as well due to putting in a smaller muffler with a different tail pipe). The thing that can differ is the point of exit for the other pipe. If you have the spare some place other than under the truck, then you can run it in that area, and have it exit on the passenger side, or straight out the back. Otherwise, just making it come out next to the original is easy enough.

I'll still probably have a crossover pipe, but it'll have to be tuned, for pressure differential.

#412903 - 22/09/04 09:27 PM Re: Flowmasters on a S/C
Anonymous
Unregistered

it doesn't matter, these weekend I'm gonna see an X with 40's on it. I'll tell yall what I think about it after i hear it!

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal