Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#406280 - 24/10/04 07:21 PM Nismo Cold Air Intake...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, I have a couple of questions for anyone knowledgeable about the Nismo air intakes.

1) How much do you think it helps the 3.3L (non-s/c)?

2) Will the Nismo intake NOT void the standard Xterra warranty?

Thanks. smile

#406281 - 25/10/04 03:14 PM Re: Nismo Cold Air Intake...
Anonymous
Unregistered

IMO, intakes won't really do much. I haven't seen any dyno results from them, but most would say they can feel the difference...but I don't know how accurate a butt dyno is.

As far as warranty, it won't void anything, unless your intake actually caused the problem. Example, if your tranny takes a dump, they can't say "well you have that nismo intake and your warranty is now void." They'll have to prove the intake ruined your tranny.

However just because it's Nismo doesn't mean Nissan won't look twice at it. Nismo makes aftermarket parts for Nissans, not OEM parts.

#406282 - 26/10/04 09:18 AM Re: Nismo Cold Air Intake...
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Well considering that their $550 stainles cat-back exhaust has a "Dyno proven 3.3 HP and 3.7 lb-ft increase at rear wheels" which isn't worth the money at half the price, I don't know that the CAI would be all that impressive for $285 either. But then again, it's not really any different than the K&N FIPK which apparently makes enough difference to be noticeable.

As for warranty concerns, it's a Nismo R-tune item, which means it is "sold 'as is' without warranty of any kind, express or impled (including all warranties of merchanability or fitness for a particular purpose). The installation of these components could also void vehicle or other Nissan warranty coverage."

Your call,

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#406283 - 07/11/04 07:58 PM Re: Nismo Cold Air Intake...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello all, I'm new to the site. Just wanted to say that I am running a '04 XTerra with the Nismo Intake, and my interests are more on performance then on off-road. The Nismo intake makes the XTerra sound a whole lot more aggressive, gives it a decent amount of boost in power, and helps out gas milage alot. I get about 40-50 miles more for a full tank then I did before the intake. Just my two cents.

Seph

#406284 - 07/11/04 08:22 PM Re: Nismo Cold Air Intake...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Seph:
Hello all, I'm new to the site. Just wanted to say that I am running a '04 XTerra with the Nismo Intake, and my interests are more on performance then on off-road. The Nismo intake makes the XTerra sound a whole lot more aggressive, gives it a decent amount of boost in power, and helps out gas milage alot. I get about 40-50 miles more for a full tank then I did before the intake. Just my two cents.

Seph
40-50? Thats pretty good

#406285 - 18/11/04 06:55 AM Re: Nismo Cold Air Intake...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Seph, what is your exhaust setup?

I am trying to figure out what intake and exhaust to get for my 2002 X. There is a lot of talk on this forum of the Volant intake.

Here are the intakes I was looking at (in no particular order):
NISMO R-tune
AEM Brute Force
AIRAID
K&N
VOLANT
Spencer Low Racing iV
Stillen

And cat-back exhaust setups:
Gibson
Calmini
Nismo
Magna Flow
Flowmaster
Borla

Does anyone have experience with any of these intakes and/or exhust setups? I have a 3.3L NA 2002 Xterra.

#406286 - 18/11/04 08:30 AM Re: Nismo Cold Air Intake...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I installed the Volant intake and the Calmini exhaust. I'm still trying to gather data on any mileage improvement. I'm not seeing much so far, but also I just got the Volant system installed correctly (had been waiting on the correct size coupler hose). I do notice an increase in low end power, aggressive sounding intake and maybe a little more passing power. This will be my first full tank with-
1. Volant intake.
2. Calmini exhaust.
3. No air dam
4. No factory cross bars.
5. No factory basket.
6. Yakima crossbars and Viper bike trays mounted.

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal