Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#409467 - 11/02/05 10:36 AM Airaid throttle spacer on 2004 X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anyone used the spacer on a 2004 X (NA)?

Airaid's website says that they are only for 1999-2002 Xs.

Thanks.

Ben

#409468 - 11/02/05 11:24 AM Re: Airaid throttle spacer on 2004 X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

The spacer will do absolutely nothing but make noise on an Xterra or any other multi-port-injected engine. Don't waste your money.

#409469 - 11/02/05 04:44 PM Re: Airaid throttle spacer on 2004 X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

You are wrong Xterrible, the throttle body spacer does do something other than make noise, that was my first upgrade and I could tell that I had more pick-up. I have a 2000 SE and it actually helps on Gas if you drive it right. You get more out of it if you add a cold air intake. It forces more air into the engine getting more combustion.

#409470 - 11/02/05 07:11 PM Re: Airaid throttle spacer on 2004 X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you DRIVE right from the begining, you wouldnt need it. Save your money.

#409471 - 11/02/05 09:04 PM Re: Airaid throttle spacer on 2004 X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

But if you want more power, get it. it's under 100 bucks.....most of u guys dont even take your Xterra offroad. So you cant even post ur replies on here.

#409472 - 11/02/05 11:51 PM Re: Airaid throttle spacer on 2004 X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Beg to differ, but if you look at the design of the intake, and the mounting of the throttle body, you're not doing anything. No extra swirling is going to happen with the current design of the intake. No extra velocity is going to be achieved, as the air is going in pretty much head on from the gitgo.

Unless you have a dyno chart before and after (and not one off some random site claiming 15hp at the wheels!) then I'm going to have to throw the BS flag on this play. That's a loss of down and a 15 yard penalty.

It's now 2nd and 25, what's your next play?

#409473 - 12/02/05 05:00 AM Re: Airaid throttle spacer on 2004 X?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
If you think about the design and its intended function....it was meant to improve performance on much older engine designs, and has successfully been used on various muscle cars, etc...but with the current fuel delivery systems....what can it do? The systems essentially have made the old mod obsolete.

I personnally have felt that any mod that makes more noise when you hit the gas just seems faster...I think its a common impression most people get...the first time I got a hole in my muffler and sounded like a dragster, I could have sworn I had new found power....but being a grease geek, with access to test equipment, etc...I was able to prove to myself that I was wrong about the increase in power, but right about the impression of increased power.

The dyno showed no measurable difference....and....

My 1/4 mile times on the muffler hole were no better than the muffler whole.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#409474 - 12/02/05 07:39 AM Re: Airaid throttle spacer on 2004 X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

On the old cars yes, they work. Phonelic (sp?) spacers were great as well. When the carb spacers or TB spacers were installed on the older units, that had them sitting on top of the manifold, with the air flow shooting down to a common chamber, then the spacers acted like a tunnel ram, increasing velocity of the charge. That would enable the cylinders to fill up a bit more with the increased speed of the charge entering the chamber.

But with the current stuff, not gonna happen.

#409475 - 12/02/05 08:03 AM Re: Airaid throttle spacer on 2004 X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well Poo, So I have a Big Red Block of noise on my car.

#409476 - 12/02/05 08:51 AM Re: Airaid throttle spacer on 2004 X?
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally posted by AtchleyCody:
But if you want more power, get it. it's under 100 bucks.....most of u guys dont even take your Xterra offroad. So you cant even post ur replies on here.
It doesn't do jack but make noise, too much noise.

You might as well buy a Tornado while you are at it. Lemme guess, you already have one and you recommend it because most of these guys don't even take their Xterra's offroad.

:rolleyes:

#409477 - 12/02/05 09:06 AM Re: Airaid throttle spacer on 2004 X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, sarcasm I sense in you. I bought the Spacer cuz my buddy had one on his Jeep wrangler, didnt really think about the difference in injection types. Oh well, live and learn I guess, thanks for everyones posts.

#409478 - 12/02/05 12:02 PM Re: Airaid throttle spacer on 2004 X?
Lincoln Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by AtchleyCody:
Wow, sarcasm I sense in you. I bought the Spacer cuz my buddy had one on his Jeep wrangler, didnt really think about the difference in injection types. Oh well, live and learn I guess, thanks for everyones posts.
I just was responding to your earlier post, I thought it was a little out of line.

#409479 - 12/02/05 03:14 PM Re: Airaid throttle spacer on 2004 X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah it was, my bad. Thanks for the info on my noise making upgrade.....im just glad my exhaust drowns it out so I dont hear it lol, stupid spacer.

#409480 - 12/02/05 05:35 PM Re: Airaid throttle spacer on 2004 X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

You know what you could do though, take it off and sell it on Ebay. I love Ebay!

Trust me, someone will get it. They always do.

But if you like the Red Block of Noise (I love that!) for the looks, then keep it. It's not hurting anything, just not doing anything either.

Live and learn. You'd be suprised at what I did before I actually went to school to learn to wrench. I don't think we had a working mechanical clock in the house before I moved out. The parental units finally got a new mower when I moved out to. laugh

#409481 - 15/02/05 06:44 PM Re: Airaid throttle spacer on 2004 X?
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
Um, excuse me? Hello? Excuse me!! Can I intertupt the interent tough guy crap for two seconds? Thanks! Hi, my name is Eric and I have a throttle body spacer. And I like the noise, gosh darn-it! And none of you big meanies are going to change my mind! :p Oh, and I did notice a snail's penis worth more of power while accelerating. I swear da' Gahd!
I don't regret buying it, you want one? Buy it! If I get sick of mine I'll use it as a cock ring! laugh

#409482 - 15/02/05 09:06 PM Re: Airaid throttle spacer on 2004 X?
Lincoln Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:
Um, excuse me? Hello? Excuse me!! Can I intertupt the interent tough guy crap for two seconds? Thanks! Hi, my name is Eric and I have a throttle body spacer. And I like the noise, gosh darn-it! And none of you big meanies are going to change my mind! :p Oh, and I did notice a snail's penis worth more of power while accelerating. I swear da' Gahd!
I don't regret buying it, you want one? Buy it! If I get sick of mine I'll use it as a cock ring! laugh
[Freak]

#409483 - 15/02/05 09:13 PM Re: Airaid throttle spacer on 2004 X?
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA
I keed! I keed!

#409484 - 16/02/05 06:58 PM Re: Airaid throttle spacer on 2004 X?
Anonymous
Unregistered

ironic that you guys claim that noise makes you feel faster. After I put in the Flowmaster 40's I felt like I was going slower. I guess it's all subconcious mental non-sense, cause I relate low rumbling noises with slow trucks. I like the sound of my flowmaster, but it just reminds me of slow trucks, so I guess I convince myself that my truck now is a slow truck.

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal