Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#407409 - 13/03/05 08:22 AM Firestorm spark plugs
Canope Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Spark plug

It claims 45 to 50% better gas mileage. There not available yet but what do you think?

Thomas

#407410 - 13/03/05 08:34 AM Re: Firestorm spark plugs
Anonymous
Unregistered

"Sounds too good to be true" is RIGHT. If you get a set of these things, let me know how they work...I wanna see something like this actually get off the ground [Finger]

#407411 - 13/03/05 09:59 AM Re: Firestorm spark plugs
Anonymous
Unregistered

I went from the Stock plugs to NGK Iridum plugs, my stockers were pretty shot. But I picked up about 20 miles on a full tank of gas after the replacement, probably due to the old plugs being way past their prime.

The 45 to 50% better gas mileage claim is deffinately not based on tests with the Nissan Engine in your truck. I'd stay very clear of any unknown brand of plug claiming outrageous increases in gas mileage.

Maybe you should go and get one of those Tornado gizmos too, combined with the plugs I figure you'll get about 90% savings if you go by the Manufacturers claims. 90% more efficient than 15mpg - Woaaa, that would make your X do like 135mpg or somethin! wink

#407412 - 13/03/05 06:08 PM Re: Firestorm spark plugs
Canope Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
I wasn't trying to be a dick. Just pointing out a new site and option.

#407413 - 13/03/05 06:54 PM Re: Firestorm spark plugs
Anonymous
Unregistered

I will be sticking to stock.

Those look essentially like a multi-ground plug to me... read about them here:

http://www.sparkplugs.com/sparkplug411.asp?kw=Multi-ground&mfid=0

Key words in that article being
Quote:
"Therefore a multi-ground plug will not perform any better and may actually perform worse than a traditional plug, unless the engine is designed for a multiple ground plug."
smile

#407414 - 13/03/05 07:18 PM Re: Firestorm spark plugs
Anonymous
Unregistered

This idea is a change from the traditional multi-ground plug. They were testing the plasma-fired electrode idea for aircraft back in the mid-90s...I remember reading something about it in Popular Mechanics or something like that. I'll see if I can find the article. [Uh Oh !]

#407415 - 13/03/05 08:23 PM Re: Firestorm spark plugs
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's like anything automotive. If the big manufacturers aren't willing to make it / sell it and kill themselves doing it. Then it'll never become main stream.

If everyones sparkplugs lasted forever, NGK would die an untimely death. They only want your plugs to last 50k miles, so you go out and buy some more.

We should all be driving around in cars powered by Water, but it'll never happen until we finally run out of oil. A friend of my wifes invented a gyroscopic engine that could be used in Aircraft. Rather than put it into production, Boeing just purchased the patent / rights to the product and locked it away. Made the guy who invented it very wealthy, but didn't do anything for the cost of a plane ticket. Same principle - It worked to well and would put jet engine manufacturers out of business, so lock up the idea so nobody can every use it. Dumb world we live in really.

#407416 - 13/03/05 08:40 PM Re: Firestorm spark plugs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can I get an AMEN? I know exactly what you mean...it's been like that for years. When my granddad was working for GE, he developed a home VCR (first you could actually record to tape on your own), GE kept the patent and didn't even put anything in to production for 6 more years (and I think they sold it to Sony or Technics...can't remember. He still has the thing in his garage). Anyway, this is a really brilliant idea, but you're right when you say it won't go anywhere. You'd pretty much have to convince someone like Coca-cola or a company that would not be losing all their market share by developing something like this. And good luck with that. All the good things end up locked in a corporate R&D office for decades because they're afraid to produce it, and eventually, 20 years from now, they'll be sold on Late nite TV. Arrrghhh! mad

#407417 - 15/03/05 04:06 PM Re: Firestorm spark plugs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
I went from the Stock plugs to NGK Iridum plugs, my stockers were pretty shot. But I picked up about 20 miles on a full tank of gas after the replacement, probably due to the old plugs being way past their prime.

The 45 to 50% better gas mileage claim is deffinately not based on tests with the Nissan Engine in your truck. I'd stay very clear of any unknown brand of plug claiming outrageous increases in gas mileage.

Maybe you should go and get one of those Tornado gizmos too, combined with the plugs I figure you'll get about 90% savings if you go by the Manufacturers claims. 90% more efficient than 15mpg - Woaaa, that would make your X do like 135mpg or somethin! wink
No, 90% more and he would be just under 30 mpg. Your calculations are way wrong.

#407418 - 16/03/05 10:10 AM Re: Firestorm spark plugs
Anonymous
Unregistered

The patent is only good for 17 years. If you really want to know what is in the patent, do a patent search, and find out. It will contain all the information on how to build the device, and an explanation on how it works. you just can't sell them...

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal