Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#408431 - 31/05/05 05:51 PM Volant Install
Anonymous
Unregistered

So I have deleted my old posts because I have made my decision. I sucked it up and ordered the Volant cold air intake, I have heard this does not coming with instructions. I am putting it in with my friend who has put a cold air in before so could some one get me a link to where I can get some instructions? Also what hole am I plugging, why and with what (how big)? Thanks for all the help in the decision making!

#408432 - 31/05/05 06:57 PM Re: Volant Install
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think mine came with instructions, but you really don't need them. After looking over it for a while, it is pretty straight forward. You just have to remove the resonators under the hood. There are two...while your at it, get rid of the one under the fender.

I plugged the one hole, but I have a snorkel

Box and filter installed. You can see where I cut one of the resonators, rather than remove it.

I made a cover out of diamond plate and put weather striping to seal it better. The plastic stock cover was too flimsy to seal out water for the snorkel.

#408433 - 05/06/05 11:37 PM Re: Volant Install
Anonymous
Unregistered

Suncatcher: Sent you an email to the address you had listed here. I will post my install photos when I finish with the photos.! cool

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal