Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#415069 - 25/08/05 01:06 PM Airraid Sound
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, I just installed the Airraid intake on the X and had a little bit of a problem. First overtightened the filter so the hose clamp cut through the rubber "coupling".

Airraid replaced it without any questions, but I'm still hearing a loud hissing sound as if there is a leak somewhere. Is this normal??????

I know I read that you have to drill out something on the K&N intake but I haven't found anything like that on the Airraid. confused

#415070 - 25/08/05 01:48 PM Re: Airraid Sound
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have the AirRaid installed on my 04 X. are you sure you have all the vacuume hoses on? there is one small hose that comes from the engine that has a tiny air filter on the end, is that installed? I have no hissing with my AirRaid. You must have a vacuume hose off somewhere.

#415071 - 25/08/05 04:14 PM Re: Airraid Sound
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think that was the only vacume hose that was disconnected, and i did put the little filter back on that one. Did you istall the other fitting that goes into the air resonator? I don't remember the instructions stating to put it back in. Maybe that is the problem.

Oh by the way I'm getting ready to leave for a 5000 mile road trip first thing in the morning.

#415072 - 25/08/05 08:14 PM Re: Airraid Sound
Anonymous
Unregistered

5k miles, geeze where the hell are you going,, I didnt disturb the resinator at all. maybe you should make sure that all connected

#415073 - 25/08/05 08:26 PM Re: Airraid Sound
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well you asked so here it goes. Corpus to Grand Canyon for a day or two. GC to Vegas for a convention with my sis (4 days). Vegas to Salt Lake City for a day or two. Salt Lake City to Victor, Id. where my family has a cabin that needs work (about 7-10 Days). From there its till up in the air...eithe rto South Dakota to Mt. Rushmore then back home to South Tx. Or, from Idaho to South Cali to visit my little niece and buddy in Camp Pendleton then back home. Like I said long road trip.

It is more or a sucking sound I guess.. I dont know. I will be going through Phoenix on Sat. and maybe stop by the Airraid factory if their open. Because in my opinion it is bizzare.

By the way thanks for trying to help figure it out.

The part I was talking about was is what is talked about in 3b Install

#415074 - 25/08/05 09:23 PM Re: Airraid Sound
ButterBean Offline

Loc: Walla Walla
Mine has a hiss, it's norm, comes from the vac hose that you have to put that little filter on

#415075 - 26/08/05 06:54 PM Re: Airraid Sound
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have an 04 and it makes the same noise.

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal