Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#409404 - 18/03/07 03:59 PM knock sensor - p0328 questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

been noticing some " pinging " or " knocking " while driving and idle ..

at first really thought it was a cracked manifold ( the noise )

but the more i drove the vehicle in the last couple days .. seems like its " lagging or bogged down " .. now at idle the car just sounds bad .. very " tin" like ... alot of noise that just doesnt sound right ...

I was driving and hammer down on it . and i can still hear the supercharger .... but it doesnt seem to really KICK IN .. but i can still hear it " whine " .... is this normal ??????????????

ran codes have the dreaded KNOCK SENSOR ...

its a 2003 SC with 65,000 - purchased about 2 months ago .... i did purchase a extended warranty with the vehicle ..

so this is indeed all the signs of the KNOck SENSOR gone bad .. and its back to the dealership ???????????

hence all the knocking and ect correct ?

i dont want to reset the codes .. because i want to have them showing up when i go into the dealership on MONDAY ... and reseting the codes wont do anything to help the problem .. correct ..

does this indeed sound like a new knock sensor needed ?

#409405 - 19/03/07 07:03 PM Re: knock sensor - p0328 questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

iv got the same prbloms with my 00 se im geting bad gas milage and no power i need a knock sencor and a fuel tmp sencor

#409406 - 19/03/07 07:09 PM Re: knock sensor - p0328 questions
Xorand Offline

Loc: LA (Lower Alabama)
Sanboy, I would definitely get your truck in for repairs. Leave the knock sensor code on there. The knock sensor is vitally important to the health of the supercharged engine. Knocking and pinging means that fuel is pre-igniting, which does wonderfully damaging things to pistons. Before long, you'll have a hole in a piston and will need an entire engine rebuild or replacement. Putting it off until it breaks down completely may put you in danger of the extended warranty company not covering the issue due to neglect.

Shortbus, the knock sensor does almost nothing for the non-supercharged engine. Having it replaced is very expensive (mostly labor). Given that, most folks with non-supercharged engines don't have it replaced if it will mean an out-of-pocket expense. There are probably other reasons your truck is getting poor fuel economy and/or low power. A good place to start would be the fuel filter, if it hasn't been replaced in a long time. How many miles are on your truck?

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal