Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#406743 - 13/02/07 08:51 PM dual exhaust
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was wondering if any company makes a dual exhaust kit for the X? i have looked at different websites but cant find any, i found one that is quoted as dual exhaust but basically has a Y-pipe at the end and shoots out behind the drivers side wheel. Im looking for a kit that has the dual coming out the back.

#406744 - 14/02/07 04:08 AM Re: dual exhaust
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey, i've seen a bunch of members on here who put on exhausts with dual exits at the back. Most are custom fab jobs by muffler shops. It won't do anything performance wise, but they're loud and look bad ass [ThumbsUp]

#406745 - 14/02/07 07:18 AM Re: dual exhaust
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Arterra:
Hey, i've seen a bunch of members on here who put on exhausts with dual exits at the back. Most are custom fab jobs by muffler shops. It won't do anything performance wise, but they're loud and look bad ass [ThumbsUp]
Opening up the exaust to a 2 1/2 dual...won't do anything for performance? :rolleyes:

#406746 - 14/02/07 07:29 AM Re: dual exhaust
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
I'm running dual exhaust on my rig..It'll be a custom job cause no one makes a kit for th X that has duals..Check out some of the other recent exhaust/Flowmaster threads and you can see pics and vids of mine.. wink

#406747 - 14/02/07 09:02 AM Re: dual exhaust
Anonymous
Unregistered

My buddy has a pipe bender, and i've had custom exaust jobs on all my vehicles. I thought about cutting 2 holes in the bumper of the X and having it come out there....but when I intend to put the shrock on, i'm f'd....that and i'd just crush the pipes if they came out the back...(departure angle)

#406748 - 14/02/07 01:54 PM Re: dual exhaust
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by MemorEsto:
Quote:
[b]Hey, i've seen a bunch of members on here who put on exhausts with dual exits at the back. Most are custom fab jobs by muffler shops. It won't do anything performance wise, but they're loud and look bad ass [ThumbsUp]
Opening up the exaust to a 2 1/2 dual...won't do anything for performance? :rolleyes: [/b]
Ok fine going with a dual 2 1/2 exit you are SUPPOSEDLY getting air out faster, but do you really think it's making a great performance difference than a single exit in the x's engine? I keep reading that a true dual exit exhaust only really works well with v8 where you're venting 4 cylinders to each side. I think i'll still go with my first answer and say it just makes it louder. There's a good explanation that i read by someone here, ill search for it and post it here.

#406749 - 14/02/07 02:59 PM Re: dual exhaust
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've just recently put true duals on my x. I'm only guessing, I have not yet put it on a dino I'm waiting to get headers and a super charger, but I believe the duals give me about 15 to 20 more horse power. Highway the RPM gauge stays out of 4. It does sound bad ass and I did loose the spare from under and put duals the bumper. Not yet got pics on the sight. New member. If any one has info on super chargers and headers please reply

#406750 - 14/02/07 05:33 PM Re: dual exhaust
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Sherman Lewis:
I've just recently put true duals on my x. I'm only guessing, I have not yet put it on a dino I'm waiting to get headers and a super charger, but I believe the duals give me about 15 to 20 more horse power. Highway the RPM gauge stays out of 4. It does sound bad ass and I did loose the spare from under and put duals the bumper. Not yet got pics on the sight. New member. If any one has info on super chargers and headers please reply
15-20 horses? Probably a little too wishful thinking...If that's what it 'feels' like now, don't dino it, it'll be a huge let down. When are you getting the headers? SLR's?

#406751 - 15/02/07 11:43 AM Re: dual exhaust
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Hey, i've seen a bunch of members on here who put on exhausts with dual exits at the back. Most are custom fab jobs by muffler shops. It won't do anything performance wise, but they're loud and look bad ass [ThumbsUp]
Opening up the exaust to a 2 1/2 dual...won't do anything for performance? :rolleyes: [/b]
Ok fine going with a dual 2 1/2 exit you are SUPPOSEDLY getting air out faster, but do you really think it's making a great performance difference than a single exit in the x's engine? I keep reading that a true dual exit exhaust only really works well with v8 where you're venting 4 cylinders to each side. I think i'll still go with my first answer and say it just makes it louder. There's a good explanation that i read by someone here, ill search for it and post it here.[/b]
You keep reading about it, but don't actually have proven anything for yourself...hmmm. It also makes a differance when you have a supercharger and open air filter. taking that air that is being pushed through pre-cats, cats and jamming it into one shitty muffler is wayyy better than opening to 2 isn't it?

#406752 - 15/02/07 05:14 PM Re: dual exhaust
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]
quote:
Ok fine going with a dual 2 1/2 exit you are SUPPOSEDLY getting air out faster, but do you really think it's making a great performance difference than a single exit in the x's engine? I keep reading that a true dual exit exhaust only really works well with v8 where you're venting 4 cylinders to each side. I think i'll still go with my first answer and say it just makes it louder. There's a good explanation that i read by someone here, ill search for it and post it here.[/b]
You keep reading about it, but don't actually have proven anything for yourself...hmmm. It also makes a differance when you have a supercharger and open air filter. taking that air that is being pushed through pre-cats, cats and jamming it into one shitty muffler is wayyy better than opening to 2 isn't it?
You're probably right. With that said I wasn't speaking in terms of the stock shitty single exit vs. opening up to a dual, that's just a stupid comparison, obviously you're going to see performance gains. im just saying a single exit upgrade vs a dual exit won't see huge difference, sorry i wasn't clear earlier. Cheers.

#406753 - 17/02/07 02:13 PM Re: dual exhaust
Anonymous
Unregistered

True duals might be beneficial (I don't really know) but I'm guessing that simply using single in and dual out muffler and then splitting into two pipes might actually reduce backpressure, which may or may not effect torque.

#406754 - 19/02/07 08:30 PM Re: dual exhaust
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have true dual 2.5" custom exhaust. Helped out alot on top end. Here are some pictures.

#406755 - 19/02/07 09:03 PM Re: dual exhaust
Anonymous
Unregistered

for a custom fab job to be done in order to get the dual exhaust out the back, how much would that cost? jut gotta figure out how much money to pu away to save up for it

#406756 - 20/02/07 04:14 AM Re: dual exhaust
Anonymous
Unregistered

Depends on if you're paying for stainless or not...they charge by the foot. Just call your local exaust shop and ask.

#406757 - 13/03/07 04:28 PM Re: dual exhaust
Anonymous
Unregistered

so i've been searching on the forums for a couple days now to see if anyone has talked of or done anything similar to what i would like to do and seems as if a lot of people have a similar idea. I went to the local muffler shop today to figure out placement and cost for the full true dual exhaust.

It would run me 370 not including the mufflers for 2" pipes running straight from the cats into an H pipe, then into individual flowmaster 40 series mufflers which would need to be stood straight up next to each other to fit and then the pipes would be run out the drivers side.

Does anyone have any pictures/recomendations on that? I was hoping to run 2.5" pipes but was told they wouldn't fit, maybe if they were run on top of eachother? Any suggestions?

#406758 - 13/03/07 09:18 PM Re: dual exhaust
bluztraveler Offline

Loc: Surrey , B.C. ,Canada
A well built single tube exhaust can flow more than enough for a 3.3 ltr. V-6.
Too big of exhaust and you loss the scavaging affect of the exhaust system.(loss in power)
More is not always better.
Now for turbos it's different not SC's though they need some back pressure as well.

#406759 - 13/04/07 07:46 AM Re: dual exhaust
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here is the beginning of mine:

#406760 - 13/04/07 08:39 AM Re: dual exhaust
Anonymous
Unregistered

Lookin' good Dagger! What headers are those?

#406761 - 13/04/07 09:51 AM Re: dual exhaust
Anonymous
Unregistered

SLR's

#406762 - 13/04/07 02:50 PM Re: dual exhaust
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Where did you get the cats?

#406763 - 13/04/07 04:41 PM Re: dual exhaust
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got the cats and the muffler from Ebay. All are Magnaflow.

http://stores.ebay.com/Performance-Curve

The cats were $127 for the pair and the muffler was $86. All in stainless and free shipping.

#406764 - 13/04/07 04:44 PM Re: dual exhaust
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, you're gonna' love that..

#406765 - 13/04/07 09:18 PM Re: dual exhaust
BigE515 Offline

Loc: Chelmsford,MA

Very nice! [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]
Which X are you putting those on? Are you going to do the pipes too?

#406766 - 14/04/07 05:15 AM Re: dual exhaust
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
I just did mine up with a full dual and SLR headers, but I have no cats anymore. If I ever move I will have to plumb some back in. Here are a couple pictures... I just had a standard aluminized system done with two standard mufflers for about $300. Eventually I will probably need to do something different. It's freakin LOUD! Almost sounds like a stock car...LOL! Fun now scaring people, but it might get old... we'll see! I didn't get any good pictures, but here's a couple...

Checkout the crack on the bottom of my driver's side manifold! The top had a big crack too right next to the oxy sensor.

And all the parts that came off...

Honestly, I'm not sure I would do this again. I'm kind of wondering if I should have just had the dealer put a new manifold in. I mean, I spent about $1200 for the entire setup and it's probably too loud, it won't pass emissions, and I maybe got 10 HP (15 on the optimistic end) out of it over my stock setup with Gibson. Oh, and there's still a leak somewhere...ugh! Not that it's bad, just that the performance to dollar value isn't all that great, IMO.

I will say that the engine revs quite a bit more easily. I can run it all the way up to redline without it running out of breathe... just keeps pulling in the upper end.

#406767 - 14/04/07 06:19 AM Re: dual exhaust
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BigE515:

Very nice! [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]
Which X are you putting those on? Are you going to do the pipes too?
It is going on the yellow X. While it would be a lot of fun to put it on the SC, blue X, with only 25k on it, the exhaust is still like new.

My plan is to do all the pipes in stainless.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ChuckH:
Honestly, I'm not sure I would do this again. I'm kind of wondering if I should have just had the dealer put a new manifold in. I mean, I spent about $1200 for the entire setup and it's probably too loud, it won't pass emissions, and I maybe got 10 HP (15 on the optimistic end) out of it over my stock setup with Gibson. Oh, and there's still a leak somewhere...ugh! Not that it's bad, just that the performance to dollar value isn't all that great, IMO.

I know what you mean. I'm not expecting great gains. I got the headers cheap from a guy who bought them and then never installed them. Then again, It would cost me more from the dealer. Nissan wants $495 per cat, and mine are shot.

We have emmissions tests in NYS so I will make mine legal. Not sure if you can see it, but the cats already have O2 bungs built in. I will just have to weld in a nut on the downtubes to plumb in the EGR system.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Ag Bullet, Paco Pico 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal