Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 232 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#422910 - 25/01/02 07:41 PM More talk about lifts!
SCOTTLA Offline

Lift kits, tire sizes, rim sizes, and the whole bag have been discussed over and over. I've read everything i can get my hands on but still i am left confused/with additional questions. I have a stock 2001 se 4x4 and I want to really make this baby look tuff. Don't bother flaming or dissing on a guy who wants a flashy looking truck but doesnt dedicate every waking hour to 4wheeling. This truck pulls my Mastercraft X-Star wakeboarding boat. The boat is wicked and I want the X to be the same. I'm trying to get everything picked out and make sure it will all work so please just help me.

What I want:

1. Fit 33 or 32x?x15 BFG Mud Terrains/All Terrain
2. American Racing Python 15x?
3. Tires to stick out an inch or so wider than the body.
4. Aggressive, high stance (definately AC 3" suspension, *MAYBE* 2" more body [Performance Accessories])
5. EVEN stance. I can't stand looking at an X that slants forward.

Questions:
1. Lets say i get the AC 3" kit (comes with shackles for the rear). If I also put Add A Leafs on the rear and cranked the torsion bars (to even the stance), how much more lift would that create? (I Will probably end up getting AAL's because the boat is 3000lbs)

2. Should I get stiffer shocks bc of the boat?

3. What offset should the rims be?

So basically i am left with too many choices to sort by myself. Please help me guys!

#422911 - 25/01/02 08:17 PM Re: More talk about lifts!
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by SCOTTLA:
3. Tires to stick out an inch or so wider than the body.

Why ?

Poor handling.
Lots of rubbing in back.
Lots of rubbing up front.
Excessive wear on suspension.
Excessive wear on steering components.
Mud and rocks thrown all over the side of the truck.

This looks cool on a Trans-Am, not an Xterra.

#422912 - 25/01/02 09:36 PM Re: More talk about lifts!
Craigs_Tonka Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
This is one of the silliest posts I've seen in a while. You state you use the X for pulling your boat and your asking about going to 32's or 33's?

Not unless you want to change out gearing front and rear, or only pull downhill.

I guess I'm too functional in my thinking, but if you have no need for a lift kit other than looks, then don't do it. You will create more problems with your steering linkage wearing out, possible alignment problems, loss of power due to larger tire sizes, tires sticking out will only throw rocks on you nice boat, etc..

Put the money in engine mods and gearing to increase the HP for pulling the boat is a better use of the cash.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal