Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 103 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#430775 - 26/02/02 10:30 PM Steering Stabilizer ?
hattrik21 Offline

Loc: Lewisville, Texas
Ok I've searched and searched but I can't find. On the steering stabilizers I was curious about the mounting brackets. Are the ones from SLR and 4x4parts the brackets that come with the rancho SS kit or are they differant to fit the X? Getting one is one of my next mods so any help would be great. If its the same bracket that comes with the rancho kit, I can get it for about 48 bucks. If not I'll have to buy the 85$ one from one of the other guys.
www.TheNewX.org
It is in Men that we must place our hope.

#430776 - 27/02/02 05:42 AM Re: Steering Stabilizer ?
Tom G Offline

Loc: AZ
The EOE Stabilizer has heavy duty brackets, where the regular rancho one has normal duty.

#430777 - 27/02/02 07:01 AM Re: Steering Stabilizer ?
Dayspring Offline

Loc: Greenwood IN
I've got the EOE brackets on mine. Trust me, they are definitely stronger than anything you can get out there. If I remember correctly, it's 3/16" steel, and has a brace against the frame to prevent flexing. Todd also coats them in POR-15, which is damned near indestructible. Definitely check them out.

#430778 - 27/02/02 07:30 AM Re: Steering Stabilizer ?
Extreme Offroad Equipment Offline

Loc: Newton, NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by Dayspring:
I've got the EOE brackets on mine. Trust me, they are definitely stronger than anything you can get out there. If I remember correctly, it's 3/16" steel, and has a brace against the frame to prevent flexing. Todd also coats them in POR-15, which is damned near indestructible. Definitely check them out.
To clarify: the EOE HD brackets are made from 1/4" steel and the additional gussets/brace that is welded to the frame bracket is 3/16". As far as I know all the kits out there include brackets and a stabilizer, the EOE HD kit includes the recommended Rancho steering stabilizer for the X/Frontier. The brackets are coated with POR15 for the ultimate in durability and we are now top coating them with a Hammertone dark gray finish.

"Not all Trails have a Bypass"
www.Extreme4x4Parts.com
sales@Extreme4x4parts.com

#430779 - 27/02/02 10:04 AM Re: Steering Stabilizer ?
Saline Offline

Loc: Fruita , CO
I have the AC SS. The bracket is very stout. The only problem I had was the fact that the bolts for the steering box were very tight and needed an air wrench to get off. The SS mounts on the backside of the steering box and utilizes the box mount points.

#430780 - 27/02/02 10:54 AM Re: Steering Stabilizer ?
superjens Offline

Loc: North Vancouver
Todd, have you thought about making an all-in-one piece that includes the idler arm brace and the steering stabilizer bracket at the same time? =)

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal