2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#428233 - 30/04/02 11:24 PM More solid axle banter
Saline Offline

Loc: Fruita , CO
I posted this on the last thread but got no response. So here goes again. I am looking into a replacement lift for my 93 XJ Cherokee,narrowed it down to Tomken and Skyjacker. Hmmm.. In looking at these kits it seems they could possibly aid in simplifying the SAS swap for the Xterra. The 6" Skyjacker kit www.skyjacker.com is compatable with both the D30 as well as the D44. The kit is a complete subframe unit that provides the link arm mounts for the coil sprung axle. The hardest part is ready to go. The framerails are most likely a differant width on the XJ and the Xterra but the subframe design would be easy to mount regardless. The D30 and D44 differentials are easy to come by also. The things that need to be added would be a trac-bar, coil towers,and steering setup(all fairly easily fabbed i'd think). Am I way out in left field here, or is it worth researching more? Opinions?

#428234 - 01/05/02 12:16 AM Re: More solid axle banter
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Get on it.
Be the first.

Should be plenty of room to build coil towers with the tapered front end of the Xterra frame.

#428235 - 01/05/02 10:53 AM Re: More solid axle banter
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
Just a thought here but when you buy a "kit" aren't you possibly going to spend more money since it is put together by a company that isn't the manufacturer ? If you know what you wan't and need , would your money be better spent assembling your parts individually ?

I admit I don't know the first thing about swapping in a straight axle but why wait for a kit? You're going to have to do cutting , welding and fabricating anyways.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal