2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#422546 - 24/10/03 11:55 AM Calmini lift... well, almost
Guy Offline

Loc: San Diego, Ca.
4 months ago I had the AAL and T-bars installed along with Bilstein shocks, extended length in the back, 10% stiffer in the front. I don't think they tweaked the t-bars at the time because the front was lower than the back. I finally got the UCA's, shackles and rear swaybar links. After installing the UCA's the mechanic called and said that the X was now level and I did not need to add the shackles. I agreed and now have 2" of lift and it still fits in the garage.... barely. I have 265/75R16 BFG AT/KO's. My question is do I really need that extra inch of lift? Is there any advantage from an offroading point of view? I really like being able to still get in the garage.

Thanks

#422547 - 24/10/03 01:50 PM Re: Calmini lift... well, almost
Close1 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
I would say your only advantage would be having another inch of clearance. [LOL]

Sorry I am just jealous because I still do not have my lift [Crybaby]

#422548 - 24/10/03 03:07 PM Re: Calmini lift... well, almost
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
Guy,

Assuming you have ~3” of lift up front via t-bar adjustments with the CALMINI UCA which is about right and 2” in the rear with the AAL then leaving the shock shackle on is a option. The other thing you will lose besides the extra ~ 1” of lift is more droop/wheel travel, which will help you off-road in some situation. Axle hoop is bit more with the shackle but worth it to me personally.

Brian

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal