Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#419210 - 13/11/03 11:08 AM Rear shock warranty issues with Nissan
Jimi James Offline

Loc: North Vancouver, BC
Here's the deal. I took my truck into Nissan earlier today because my rear shock, passenger side, was snapped at the bottom mount and hanging loose. When they called me to update the potential warranty of this, he said because I had the extended Calmini shackles on, it changed the angles and was causing the rear sway bar to contact the shock, thus breaking it, so it's not covered.

Does this sound reasonable / possible. It kind of does to me so I haven't really got much to say to him other than maybe the shock was faulty from the factory and could they just let it go. He's getting back to me, so all is not lost yet.

Has this happened to anyone else? I know I should have removed the rear sway bar anyways, I just hadn't got around to it. But I also heard that Nissan has issues with that too - understandably so.

The new shock is only $50 bucks but I'd rather put that towards some new Bilsteins instead.

Any comments are much appreciated.

[edit to add]
I've been searching a bit after posting this and it looks like this is somewhat common, but still haven't read anything on warranty success.

#419211 - 13/11/03 01:34 PM Re: Rear shock warranty issues with Nissan
Anonymous
Unregistered

I wouldn't waste that much money on the stock shocks. I changed mine last week to Bilsteins. I compressed the stock ones after they were off the truck and they're probably not fully extended yet...hahaha.....If you just want one stocker till your upgrade, buy em here

http://www.xterraparts.com/html/shocks.html

Courtesy parts has em listed for $28 a piece.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal