2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#426610 - 18/12/03 04:29 PM SAS kit for 00-01 Xterra
The X Factor Offline

Loc: San Antonio, TX
If this is old new just delete the post.

If not take a look at what it is comprised of. Not sure of the quality or the craftmenship of PlushFab but the kit only runs $550 and is on sale at Louisville Offroad Outfitters .

#426611 - 18/12/03 04:46 PM Re: SAS kit for 00-01 Xterra
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
I never thought I would hear "quality", "craftmanship" and "PlushFab" in the same sentence.

#426612 - 18/12/03 04:57 PM Re: SAS kit for 00-01 Xterra
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
My co-worker just asked why I spontaneously laughed out loud for no obvious reason.

#426613 - 18/12/03 08:13 PM Re: SAS kit for 00-01 Xterra
The X Factor Offline

Loc: San Antonio, TX
So then it's nothing more than a bunch o shit tossed on a truck, that is now being gift rapped and sold?

And if this is your reasoning why? What is wrong with it?

-Not trying to back the product or the builder, just trying to draw a proper response and not a bashing, or biased opinion-

#426614 - 18/12/03 10:10 PM Re: SAS kit for 00-01 Xterra
Kinetic Offline

Loc: Bristol, Tn
Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
I never thought I would hear "quality", "craftmanship" and "PlushFab" in the same sentence.
I'm not supprised to hear this come from you. :rolleyes: If its not free and painted blue, its a bad product eh?

Anyways, I'll be installing this starting on the 27th and hope to be done with everything on Jan. 12. I wasn't going to say anything untill everything was finshed up and tested on atleast 2 good runs, but oh well.
I'll be using a Dana 60 Front and Sterling 10.25 rear. Both axles are going to be regeared to 5.14's. Detroit up front, Welded in the back. Exo-cage is going on at the same time. Tires will be 325/85/r16's on 16 x 10 Trailready beadlocks.

#426615 - 18/12/03 11:12 PM Re: SAS kit for 00-01 Xterra
puffdc Offline

Loc: NOR CAL
sounds like a nice project wink
from observing products that plush fab has "fabbed" i've been impressed thus far, i look forward to seeing them installed on your truck [ThumbsUp]
keep us posted & like always post pics!!!

#426616 - 19/12/03 12:51 AM Re: SAS kit for 00-01 Xterra
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by Kinetic:
If its not free and painted blue, its a bad product eh?
No. It's a bad product if it's hacked together in a garage by someone who isn't a fabricator.

But that's just my opinion.

#426617 - 19/12/03 12:59 AM Re: SAS kit for 00-01 Xterra
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
I'll be using a Dana 60 Front and Sterling 10.25 rear.
Why not a pair of 44's ? Nice and light.

#426618 - 19/12/03 05:16 AM Re: SAS kit for 00-01 Xterra
Kinetic Offline

Quote:
Why not a pair of 44's ? Nice and light.
Just personal preference and the ability to upgrade to cromo shafts and CTM's later down the road. I'm running the equivalent of 38 x 13's, I really don't want to have to be light on the throttle like I would to keep 44's alive. I'm sure I'll be swapping the drivetrain out in a year or two for more power anyways.

#426619 - 19/12/03 05:52 AM Re: SAS kit for 00-01 Xterra
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
Why can't I open their site? All links are dead... www.louisvilleoffroad.com doesnt work?

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#426620 - 19/12/03 07:15 AM Re: SAS kit for 00-01 Xterra
EMT_Diver Offline

Loc: USA
Kinetic - sounds like a great set of mods please keep us posted. Hopefully soon you can join us on some of our CXC/ENCXC runs as you are more then welcome.

As for the "Fab" - after seeing his bumpers in person on a few trucks most of the comments coming from the crowd were to the tune of ,"OMG - look at those crappy welds" or "hey was that made at home?" As for the owner "MVM" or who ever runs the place his unprofessional comments towrds others as a vendor are uncalled for. Even the "blue vendor" had choice words about his abilities and workmanship.

I hope you have good luck w/ the set up as I'm sure many others would like to see an affordable kit available.

Happy Holidays and pls keep us posted !!

#426621 - 19/12/03 07:53 AM Re: SAS kit for 00-01 Xterra
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Bryan,

Aren't the axles you're using the ones that were under MVM's Frontier before he tore it down?

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#426622 - 19/12/03 08:02 AM Re: SAS kit for 00-01 Xterra
Kinetic Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
Bryan,

Aren't the axles you're using the ones that were under MVM's Frontier before he tore it down?
Yup, same axles and a few other random parts. I'm just stuffing a Detroit in the front and re-gearing from 4.10's to 5.13's. No need to burn my slushbox after seeing what happened to his.

#426623 - 19/12/03 08:29 AM Re: SAS kit for 00-01 Xterra
01SalsaXterra Offline

Loc: Suffolk County,NY,USA
If I remember correctly, MVM's axles were full width. Are you keeping them full width or are you chopping them down and getting them re-splined?
I know it may be too early for this info, Im just curious.
Thanx

I got "IT" from ebay.
Now it burns when I pee..

#426624 - 19/12/03 09:01 AM Re: SAS kit for 00-01 Xterra
Kinetic Offline

Keeping the full width man. I'll make up some of the width by using 5" backspacing on my rims, I should come close enough to fitting back under the fenders to make Johnny Law happy.

#426625 - 19/12/03 09:56 AM Re: SAS kit for 00-01 Xterra
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
Well I'm always glad to see any type of new Nissan stuff available and applaud PlushFab and louisvilleoffroad for their efforts.

Seems more like a simple starting builders platform then a kit to me, nowhere near complete, only scratch's the surface of what you really need for a SAS. Maybe that's intentional to allow a lot of different options and only meant for those will the fab skills or shops that do that kind of stuff.

Besides the two cross members you still need a steering solution, a lot of geometry work, springs, shocks, bump stops, brake lines, front drive shaft, rear shackles, mostly likely modification/replacement of the rear cross member (to avoid driveshaft contact at droop), rear SYE. Not to mention the axle(s), gears, etc.

I would rather see a competed bundled tested/engineered kit that work with a certain set of more common axles like the ones All-Pro (Toyota) and others offer, but I quess you have to start somewhere.

I'm look forward to seeing Kinetic's X when completed and how this kit evolves.

04' promises to be a good one for competition wink I know of a couple of well-known makers that have completer kits in the works battle tested.

#426626 - 19/12/03 07:28 PM Re: SAS kit for 00-01 Xterra
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
Quote:
Originally posted by Xtoolbox:
Besides the two cross members you still need a steering solution, a lot of geometry work, springs, shocks, bump stops, brake lines, front drive shaft, rear shackles, mostly likely modification/replacement of the rear cross member (to avoid driveshaft contact at droop), rear SYE. Not to mention the axle(s), gears, etc.
The simplicity is what makes me wary, if you don't have the right geometry you can end up with a f*cked up ride pretty quick.

A few years ago I almost bought a 4 Runner that had a solid axle conversion to the front end. but I noticed driving behind it that the front axle was shifted 3 inches to the left of the rear axle so the body was diagonal when driving straight. I tried to see why but when it was parked you couldn't tell where the fault was.

Moral of the story, a poorly made conversion kit can ruin your on-road performance.

Xterra101.com

#426627 - 19/12/03 10:29 PM Re: SAS kit for 00-01 Xterra
Kinetic Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kerensky97:
The simplicity is what makes me wary, if you don't have the right geometry you can end up with a f*cked up ride pretty quick.

A few years ago I almost bought a 4 Runner that had a solid axle conversion to the front end. but I noticed driving behind it that the front axle was shifted 3 inches to the left of the rear axle so the body was diagonal when driving straight. I tried to see why but when it was parked you couldn't tell where the fault was.

Moral of the story, a poorly made conversion kit can ruin your on-road performance.
Any yahoo can take a well thought out and quality kit and turn it into a poorly installed "home brew" style contraption. A good example are the "sport cages" that several companies make for Wranglers.

#426628 - 19/12/03 10:42 PM Re: SAS kit for 00-01 Xterra
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
A good example are the "sport cages" that several companies make for Wranglers.
Can you name a manufacturer of one ?

#426629 - 19/12/03 10:45 PM Re: SAS kit for 00-01 Xterra
Kinetic Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Xtoolbox:

Seems more like a simple starting builders platform then a kit to me, nowhere near complete, only scratch's the surface of what you really need for a SAS. Maybe that's intentional to allow a lot of different options and only meant for those will the fab skills or shops that do that kind of stuff.

The Plush kit
Quote:
Also included in the kit is a new transmission cross-member (tubular .120 wall DOM),
(2)6" shackles with Zerk Fittings for easy lubrication,
Thru-Frame rear shackle hangers(D44)
tubular shock towers for use with a 12" stroke shock.
This kit also includes all necessary hardware to convert your rear springs to SOA (spring-over-axle).
Allpro kit for yoda's
Quote:
Hy-Steer™ crossover steering
Weld on Shock Hoops with 5100 Series Bilstein shocks
3", 4" or 5" lift, long travel front leaf springs
1" lift Spring hanger kit with greasable shackles
Vented Land Cruiser style rotors (Allows use of IFS brake calipers)
1.5" front wheel spacer kit
U-Bolt flip kit
Steel Braided DOT approved brake lines
Bumpstops
Steering Stabilizer and bracket
Kit does not include driveshaft or axle
Upgrade shocks to 5150 Bilsteins $48 additional
Upgrade shocks to 7100 Bilsteins, $220 additional
Yes, The kit is only for a D60 right now, but other axles are coming soon. and yes it is aimed more for the hardcore DIY'er. But for the difference in price...I would expect the All-pro kit to cover a bit more. The Allpro kit doesnt even touch the rear for the $1700. That costs an extra $659. eek

#426630 - 19/12/03 10:50 PM Re: SAS kit for 00-01 Xterra
Kinetic Offline

Quote:
Can you name a manufacturer of one ?
I'm not blaming the manufacturer for a poor install. And to make you happy...Poison Spyder Customs makes a killer cage too.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal