Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 232 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#420100 - 08/09/04 02:27 PM Sway bar disconnects - AC or Calmini?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, yeah I know - take it off and leave it off. I've been there and done that, didn't like the feeling. Maybe if I was still doing bong hits, it might be fun, but...

So, if anyone can refrain from that argument, and give an opinion of one of these over the other, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

#420101 - 08/09/04 04:17 PM Re: Sway bar disconnects - AC or Calmini?
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I have the Calmini ones. I have mixed thoughts on them. I like them for their ease of use. I don't like the bail pin design though. I have problems with the right-side lower bail pin getting bent on the leaf spring. The bail pin is too long.

I also feel the design is not right for the Xterra. The pins run perpendicular to the leaf springs. I feel they should run parallel to the leaf spring, ala Jeeps, and this would eliminate the bent bail pins.

I guess you can get shorter bail pins to eliminate the problem. I have been unable to do so. I have only found short pins that are held on with cotter pins instead. I have not changed them. I currently have the bent bail pin on as I have not removed the sway-bar in awhile.

I spoke with Calmini about it last year and was brushed off basically.

IMHO,
Stone

#420102 - 08/09/04 05:29 PM Re: Sway bar disconnects - AC or Calmini?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
It might be possible to take a JKS Quicker Disco meant for a jeep, and try that...the ends are pretty similar....and on the Jeep they were rock solid, didn't rattle, and were a breeze to connect/disco....

The JKS ones are adjustable for length...so you could adjust them until the sway bar was aligned...and even use them with a later lift/return to stock, etc.

The rattling Calmini X disco looks pretty similar to the rattling Jeep designs (Rubicon Express had one like that, etc...)...so disco's might be somewhat interchangeable.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#420103 - 09/09/04 06:58 AM Re: Sway bar disconnects - AC or Calmini?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a set of Calmini's if you want to buy them for $50.00. I never even used them, just took the sway bar off and left it off.

#420104 - 09/09/04 12:23 PM Re: Sway bar disconnects - AC or Calmini?
Ag_xterra Offline

Loc: San Antonio, TX
calmini is using jeep tj front sway bar disconnects for the rear of the X. they just changed the bushings, sleeves and bolts. thats probably the case with AC as well.

#420105 - 09/09/04 01:20 PM Re: Sway bar disconnects - AC or Calmini?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
OK - That's exactly what I thought.

The JKS disco is for a Jeep TJ front sway...so get a set, and modify it to get the fit on the X's rear sway.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal