Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#419742 - 13/11/04 01:55 PM leveling lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

i just had torsion bars adjusted about only 1 inch to level out the truck and it feels like i am sagging to front left side

i made a few messurments and came with different heights
front bumper is about 1/4 inch higher on driv side
but door height on pass side is only 1/16th if not perfect

wanted to know maybe if it eas my shocks...i have 52k on truck and i know i should switch shocks

also wanted to pu tpro comp shocks on the truck are they ok [Crybaby]

#419743 - 13/11/04 02:18 PM Re: leveling lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just measure the height from the center of the front wheel well on both sides. Shocks have nothing to do with ride height since they do not support the weight of the truck. Measure height as described above and adjust torsion bars.

After torsion bars are adjusted jump a little on the front side to level things out. My guess is they settled in a little differently after the intial adjustment. Adjust again and let settle. Adjust again if desired.

#419744 - 13/11/04 02:19 PM Re: leveling lift
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Shocks have zero to do with height (Except for air shocks, etc...)

The t-bar leveling is more art than science...and even fresh from Nissan, the ride heights and front rear left right will not be exactly the same...within a half inch side to side maybe, but different.

I replaced my shocks at about 50K anyway, 'cause they sucked...and I was lifting 3" anyway.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#419745 - 13/11/04 02:20 PM Re: leveling lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

Beat you to it TJ smile

#419746 - 13/11/04 02:24 PM Re: leveling lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks guys for your quick response
one more thing i went under to adjust again and could not loosen lock nuts but if i put a wrench on the adj bolt...it will spin.........the whole thing spins....2 nuts and bolt

#419747 - 13/11/04 02:45 PM Re: leveling lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by kobo:
thanks guys for your quick response
one more thing i went under to adjust again and could not loosen lock nuts but if i put a wrench on the adj bolt...it will spin.........the whole thing spins....2 nuts and bolt
Hmmmm....using a washer maybe will help? I'm not so sure about this one.

#419748 - 14/11/04 12:12 AM Re: leveling lift
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Yeah, I ran into that too. Just get another wrench (I lost my other one in that size and used an adjustable wrench, which is when Ian added to my title on the left wink and let it find something to rotate into to hold it in position and you can then go to town on the jamb nut on top...

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal