2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#428715 - 03/02/05 06:13 PM UCA questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have the shackles from A.C., when i twisted the t-bars to a half inch away from the bump stops, the lift in the front is not how much i wanted it to be. I dont have enough money to by the SLR 3 inch Suspension Lift, however i do have enough money to by the stage 1-4 UCA and the Diff Lowering kit. would it make any sence to buy the UCA and diff lowering kit, crank them as high as i need it (match up with the back), leave them there until i can get enough to lift the back the rest of the way to get the full 3 inch lift?

my questions are...
1) can the stock shocks handle this lift?
2) what are the best shocks for the cheepest price to use for this set up (later use)?
3) can the stock t-bars handle the added stress?
4) are there any disadvantages to riding around on the UCA made to lift the truck 3 Inchs at about 2 inchs?
5) are there any parts that i did not mention that i will need to lift the front the extra height?

Thank you everyone who can offer any help to me.

#428716 - 03/02/05 07:09 PM Re: UCA questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 1stxterra:
my questions are...
1) can the stock shocks handle this lift?
2) what are the best shocks for the cheepest price to use for this set up (later use)?
3) can the stock t-bars handle the added stress?
4) are there any disadvantages to riding around on the UCA made to lift the truck 3 Inchs at about 2 inchs?
5) are there any parts that i did not mention that i will need to lift the front the extra height?
1. yes
2. Rancho 5k's....about $37 each
3. yes
4. no, as long as you can get the camber in spec.
5. get a steering kit. Lifted, the stock CL doesn't hold up well to any abuse.

#428717 - 04/02/05 04:54 AM Re: UCA questions
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
The shackles give 1.5" rear lift, the T bar crank gives 1.25 - 1.5", and, the X was slightly nose down from the factory to compensate for rear cargo loading, etc...

So if you are looking at it and its a little nose down, it started that way...even if you raise the front and back 3", the front will still be nose down.

The answers above are good btw laugh

Is the ride bouncier?

You might want to back off the bumpstops to a 3/4" clearance if it is.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#428718 - 04/02/05 05:28 AM Re: UCA questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

the ride seems fine since i did the lift, but i have only had the lift on while driving around town, i have hit the trails since it strated snowing, but im looking at a paragon trip before the end of this month or next month... not sure which.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal