2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#423557 - 13/03/05 06:50 AM Magnetic Ride Control
Mike Supercharged Offline

Loc: Nova Scotia
Hey everyone,

I'm doing a small marketing project on a new suspension system developed by Nasa that is now starting to be implemented on some new vehicles (Cadillac's, Corvette, etc) It's called Magnetical Ride Control (MRC)

Basically, its a liquid filled shock that uses magnets to dampen the impact of the road on your vehicle using metal(iron fillings) in the liquid that line up when a magnet is applied.

I'm hoping to get a little feedback on some possible offroad applications that this may serve in the furture. Basic question: Can you see this type of system be of advantage if installed on a vejicle for offroad purposes? Here's a couple sites with a quick descprition of exactly what it does.

http://www.chevrolet.com/pop/corvette/mag_ride_en.jsp

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/models/feature.jsp?model=sts&feature=rideControl&year=

Any questions, thoughts, opinions on this system will be greatly appreciated. This is for my own educational purposes only.

#423558 - 14/03/05 10:28 AM Re: Magnetic Ride Control
Anonymous
Unregistered

with a smart enough computer, sensors to determine how far the shocks are from the ends, sonor to look at the road just in front of the truck, and a few g-sensors the shocks could be used to prevent bottoming out (by getting stiffer when it sees a big bump ahead) but still being softer when the bump is small enough not to bottom out the truck.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal