Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 162 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#421717 - 17/03/05 09:36 PM Help!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry this is long.

On Monday I had new brakes installed on My X. I drove home and then went out a little while later. I was going approximatley 25 mph when I heard a loud bang noise from the front left wheel area. Then pulled over but couldnt see anything. So I kept going and now whenever I drive it I get this clicking noise and it only dies down when I slow down. WEhen I Accelerate it gets louder. I took my truck back in on Tuesday and they told me it was two locking pins that came loose and it was "fixed". I left and then within 15 mins the clicking came back. I took it back in and told them that it was still going on. SO they said one of my Hubs was locked and they replaced a part and that again it was "fixed". WIthin 10 minutes of leaving i heard the noise again. Took it back and I am waiting to hear what they say? Any Ideas on what it could be? I am out of warranty. This is getting frustrating. Thnx.

#421718 - 18/03/05 05:37 AM Re: Help!
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
I have not had auto-locking hubs in awhile. As soon as one broke I went to manual. However when it was broke the clicking noise came form the opposite hub that was still OK???

I am sure someone will post quickly with a more educated reply smile

Is the work being done by a Nissan Tech???

#421719 - 18/03/05 07:14 AM Re: Help!
Anonymous
Unregistered

No, the work is being done by the place that put new brakes on.

#421720 - 18/03/05 11:03 AM Re: Help!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sounds like they killed a hub.. not the one making the noise, the other one. With one hub locked, the other shaft tends to want to spin in the opposite direction. easier to spin backwards then spin the front driveshaft, and 1/2 the xfercase.. try shifting to 4h, locking both hubs, then shift back to 2hi without backing up. This will leave both locked, and nither should make a sound. if this "fixes" the problem, you do indeed have a damaged hub. (not the one making noise tho, the other one) If you let it go long enough, you will kill the "good" hub, and need to replace 2 instead of one. I would guess when they replaced the rotor they didn't put the hub back together right.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal