Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#431698 - 10/06/05 09:26 AM Like to do a body lift.
Anonymous
Unregistered

The thing is thats all i know. I live in brookly and I dont know any shop will do it. I am totally NOOB. I also don't know what do i need for 2" body lift. Hell, I just don't know any work shop that will do any modification around my area, brooklyn and queens.

Recently, I order

PIONEER P57000 DVD MP3 PLYER
ALPINE Type-R SPR-69LP 6"x9" Speakers
ALPINE SPR-17LS TYPE R 6.5" COMPONENT SPEAKER
PHOENIX GOLD OCTANE-R R8.0:4 800W. 4 CH. AMP
KnuKonceptz 4 Gauge 4 Channel Amp Kit Blue/Silver
Pair Tan 7" TFT LCD Pillow Monitors - Headrest
PAIR OF 7" SUNVISOR TFT LCD TV
eDead 1.5 100 sqf map for deadening sound

and 4 Bilstein shocks.

Its gonna cost me 100 bucks for installing shocks. Just called.

and 200-300 dollars for stereo installation at local shop which i am not even sure they are really good at.

I used to mod the hell out of my computers...now i want to do to my car..but i dont have experience nor garage. So it is very hard for me.

If anyone can suggest me a good shop around in Brookly and Queens...please do. Thank you.

#431699 - 10/06/05 09:44 AM Re: Like to do a body lift.
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
The 2" body lift itself is pretty cheap... less than $200 at 4x4parts.com... but it does not come with front bumper relocation brackets.

You have to buy those separately. I think they're $35 or so.

Installation will be your biggest cost if you can't do it yourself. I'd expect to pay $300-$500 for someone else to do it.

#431700 - 10/06/05 10:04 AM Re: Like to do a body lift.
Anonymous
Unregistered

YIKES!!!!!! eek eek eek

#431701 - 10/06/05 10:15 AM Re: Like to do a body lift.
Anonymous
Unregistered

just do it yourself man, they are sevral people on this board that have done it, i am shure if you run in to problems they can walk you through it.

#431702 - 10/06/05 10:20 AM Re: Like to do a body lift.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by zerocool:
4 Bilstein shocks.

At the very least you should be able to do the shocks yourself. There are only 8 bolts after all. I don't even think that I needed to put the X on a jack to do it if I remember right.

#431703 - 10/06/05 10:31 AM Re: Like to do a body lift.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Editor X:
Quote:
[b] 4 Bilstein shocks.

At the very least you should be able to do the shocks yourself. There are only 8 bolts after all. I don't even think that I needed to put the X on a jack to do it if I remember right.[/b]
The only jack use is taking off the front tires. If you can do that and turn a wrench then you can install the shocks

#431704 - 10/06/05 11:20 AM Re: Like to do a body lift.
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by Editor X:
Quote:
[b] 4 Bilstein shocks.

At the very least you should be able to do the shocks yourself. There are only 8 bolts after all. I don't even think that I needed to put the X on a jack to do it if I remember right.[/b]
IMO, if you are going to start modding your truck with offroad stuff like this, you NEED to know how it works and be able to do trail repairs etc.

If you can't put the mod on yourself, you shouldn't have the mod at all (within reason... I understand why some folks might not be comfortable putting in their own tcase gears, for example).

That said, you never have to do it entirely by yourself. Odds are you've got a local Xterra club in your area and they'll probably help you do it for the price of a couple pizzas and some beer.

That's true in the SWXC, anyway. We help out new folks who want to learn all the time.

#431705 - 10/06/05 11:46 AM Re: Like to do a body lift.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser:
[QB
That said, you never have to do it entirely by yourself. Odds are you've got a local Xterra club in your area and they'll probably help you do it for the price of a couple pizzas and some beer.

That's true in the SWXC, anyway. We help out new folks who want to learn all the time.[/QB]
Totally agree!!! SCCX does the same thing.

#431706 - 10/06/05 06:08 PM Re: Like to do a body lift.
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
You need to hook up with Oleg...he's in the Bronx (or at least ONE of those damn boro's...), and is the KING of BL's.

Plus...he has a shop out there some where...

Hook up with NJAX

www.njax.net

We do driveway mod days all the time...we can knock out a 2" BL in about 3 hrs of work (All day with beer and pizza...)

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#431707 - 10/06/05 07:57 PM Re: Like to do a body lift.
Anonymous
Unregistered

DO all the stereo yourself, its really easy, If u need me to, I can email u some pics or tell u how to take off the front door panals for the 6 1/2's, and how to remove the panal in the cargo area for the 6x9's, super super easy, also installing the head unit is a piece of cake, I did mine...

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal