Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
10/05/24 09:56 AM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 234 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#425161 - 06/11/05 05:09 PM progressive squeak
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have an '05 OR that I got a few months ago and I am having a problem. I took it through some good mud pits a couple weeks after I got it and a squeak developed in the rear suspension. I have tried cleaning the area real well and shooting it with some lube but it seems to be pretty internal. Best I can figure it is the bushings on the shackle. It is getting worse every time I offroad it and I hate having that ghetto squeak. Can I take the rear suspension apart to clean this area or is there a different solution, maybe a different culpret altogether. Help please. confused [Crybaby] confused

#425162 - 06/11/05 05:22 PM Re: progressive squeak
Anonymous
Unregistered

There have been some X members with 05's complaining about a squesk from the rear suspension and I am also aware that there are some 05 Fronty owners with the same gripe.

I am not aware if there is any resolution yet.

#425163 - 07/11/05 06:10 AM Re: progressive squeak
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just live with the squeek. What freaked me out was the break hum I got on Saturday while on the trail. The other 05 had the same thing so I didn't fear it too much and it went away once we hit pavement. I assume it was just dirty/wet breaks.

#425164 - 07/11/05 04:08 PM Re: progressive squeak
Anonymous
Unregistered

See when I am off road I can tollerate all sorts of noises but when I am driving across post I hate sounding like a rusty bed.

#425165 - 08/11/05 05:45 AM Re: progressive squeak
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am sure mine would squeek on the road too if I did something to cause the suspension to move (IE. rode over a curb), but on normal roads I havn't heard much squeeking. The damn thing sounds like it's going to fall apart on the trail though. I assume it just need to be worked in. It's not use to the extreme compression of the suspension I guess.

#425166 - 08/11/05 10:20 AM Re: progressive squeak
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mine only squeaks just a tad when it's cold. It's as if the OR's upgraded shocks are doing it.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal