Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#427364 - 02/12/05 07:20 AM what lift/tire size should i go with?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Alright I've finally got money and I think am finally going to lift my X. This is pretty much going to be purely cosmetic.

I'm thinking right now a 2" BL and PML. I'd run 33's with this.

Would I be better off doing the 3"BL? I know it's more work but I don't really mind that, I'm gonna have all Christmas break to do the installation. I might get a Shrock bumper at some point though so it'd be nice if I could just order the 2"BL version and not have to make any fabrications.

If I went with the 3" BL and the PML would I be able to fit 35's or still just 33's?

Just trying to get a better idea of what this all will look like so I can decide what I want. Thanks for all the help [ThumbsUp]

#427365 - 02/12/05 07:40 AM Re: what lift/tire size should i go with?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by kschul2:
Alright I've finally got money and I think am finally going to lift my X. This is pretty much going to be purely cosmetic.
Why spend all this time, effort and money just for looks. "Web wheelers" are typicaly frowned upon everywhere. Do yourself a favor and if you mod your X, get out there and use it you'll enjoy it alot more, and you wont have to lie when people ask you about your wheeling adventures. smile

#427366 - 02/12/05 03:30 PM Re: what lift/tire size should i go with?
Anonymous
Unregistered

You won't be able to run 35s with a PML and a 3" BL. I think you should just do the 2" BL and PML.
I see no reason to set up your X in any manner that won't do what it looks like it should. If it is gona talk the talk, set it up to walk the walk.

#427367 - 02/12/05 06:12 PM Re: what lift/tire size should i go with?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Probably aesthetics cuz its a 4x2

#427368 - 02/12/05 07:22 PM Re: what lift/tire size should i go with?
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
If you aren't wheeling, the 2" BL and the PML with 33x12.5's would look great, and work....you would still need to trim some plastic from the back of the front wheel wells, essentially the mud flap mounting ledge and so forth.

laugh

An adjustment to the turnstops when done with the above, and voila!

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#427369 - 02/12/05 08:55 PM Re: what lift/tire size should i go with?
Anonymous
Unregistered

talking about lifts, has anybody seen the Total Chaos Fabrication Long travel lift for X's. That lift is so Bada$$. IF u havn;'t heard of it check this out:

http://www.chaosfab.com/xterra.html

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal