Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 93 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#423201 - 25/04/06 10:48 AM Help on Steering upgrade Quick.........
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok guys, I need some help quick. I have been trying to order a steering system from Calmini since Feburary. When I called them today they told me it is still on backorder. 4 to 5 weeks out.
At this time I need to try to find something else as I want to try to get this before goaneMoab. So I am left with two options (I think) I can either get this one from SLR, or I can get this one from AC. Both are quite expensive, but I need something. What do you guys think????? I have a call to both of them to see if they have them in stock, and hope to hear back today.

Also, is there anything else out there that I missed? Please help.

Thanks for the imput.

Casper
[Wave]

#423202 - 25/04/06 11:11 AM Re: Help on Steering upgrade Quick.........
Guy Offline

Loc: San Diego, Ca.
I order the SLR one last month and had it in less than a week.

#423203 - 25/04/06 11:26 AM Re: Help on Steering upgrade Quick.........
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
I don't know the deal with AC but keep in mind that the total cost on the SLR kit does not include your core refunds that could soften the blow a bit.

#423204 - 25/04/06 02:25 PM Re: Help on Steering upgrade Quick.........
Anonymous
Unregistered

The kit that AC has is also over priced IMO. It's a lot less expensive if you order it from the source....who also has a core refund. wink

#423205 - 25/04/06 02:35 PM Re: Help on Steering upgrade Quick.........
Anonymous
Unregistered

http://www.lpperformance.com/

Go to the steering section.

#423206 - 25/04/06 02:38 PM Re: Help on Steering upgrade Quick.........
Anonymous
Unregistered

FYI on L&Ps system...
I sent my cores in ahead of time and the turnaround was 1 week before the new steering system was at my doorstep.
Lee and Phil are great to deal with, but when I last talked to them they didn't have any usable cores in house, so you'd have to send your's in ahead of time (if you can't live without the X for a week or two get the cores @ a junk yard, or I will send in my cores for you at no charge, providing that you pay me for shipping)
[Wave]

#423207 - 25/04/06 02:56 PM Re: Help on Steering upgrade Quick.........
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for all the input guys. I have decided to go with the SLR one. After talking with Josh (SLR rep) on the phone I think it is the best deal.

Editor X, thanks for the info. I did not even think to order it for TC directly. I would have gone with that one, except I am planning on SASing my x in a year or so and that is alot of $$$ to spend on something I will only use for a season or two.

Alpine Spirit, I did not think of them, thanks

ChefTylor, thanks for the offer of the cores.

With any luck my new system will be here by the end of the week.

Casper
[Wave]

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal