Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#428836 - 29/09/06 03:56 PM Steering Makes A Cracking Sound.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello.

Every now and then when I am reversing into or out of a parking stall my steering goes CRACK. It happens when the wheels are turned to the left. It's very loud, the first time it happened I thought I ran something over, but there was nothing there.

Any idea what it could be or be causing it? Also, if I have to go to the dealer about it, could they say that my BL has something to do with it? confused

#428837 - 29/09/06 04:19 PM Re: Steering Makes A Cracking Sound.
Anonymous
Unregistered

You need to put some grease on your steering stops. I am sure after someone tells you to search they will post a link to a picture smile

Nothing to worry about at all [ThumbsUp]

#428838 - 29/09/06 07:48 PM Re: Steering Makes A Cracking Sound.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had something like that when my sway-bar end link bushings were badly worn/missing.

#428839 - 29/09/06 07:55 PM Re: Steering Makes A Cracking Sound.
Anonymous
Unregistered

your bl has NOTHING to do with you steering... so if they tell you that kick'um in the junk! you might wanna take a look at you tie rods or upper ball joint maybe. [drink]

#428840 - 29/09/06 09:01 PM Re: Steering Makes A Cracking Sound.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by C man:
your bl has NOTHING to do with you steering... so if they tell you that kick'um in the junk! you might wanna take a look at you tie rods or upper ball joint maybe. [drink]
Retourque your BL bolts. Sometimes they can work loose & you here a cracking or pop when you twist the frame a bit. I had on bolt loosen after an offroad trip & I kept hearing that cracking/popping noise when I turned to the right. I retorqued all the bolts & no-more cracking.

#428841 - 30/09/06 05:21 AM Re: Steering Makes A Cracking Sound.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is it a cracking or more of a crunch? Like running over a soda can? Another suggestion is the CV. Oh the possibilities....... [Uh Oh !]

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal