2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#433443 - 03/10/06 11:17 AM Rancho 2.5 lift opinions/comments
Anonymous
Unregistered

So I've seen a couple of posts on the board about people who have installed the Rancho 2.5" lift but I wanted to know what people thought about it and what their experiences with it have been.

#433444 - 03/10/06 12:21 PM Re: Rancho 2.5 lift opinions/comments
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
They are the worst lift kit you can get...the flex is WORSE than stock, and the short AAL leaves seem to stress and increase breakage of the other leaves, its only 2.5" instead of the normal 3"...no one I wheel with who has one is happy with it...and the ones who ended up with it were either early adopters (Give Rancho kudos for being THE FIRST kit for the X!) or didn't do any research.

Rancho's shocks are good, and people do like the shocks...although the one's they shipped with most of the lifts were twin tube emulsion shocks (crap), compared to say the Bilstiens.

Hope that helps!

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#433445 - 03/10/06 12:30 PM Re: Rancho 2.5 lift opinions/comments
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have the 2.5 rancho on my X, I would rather of had a 3", but because I got it for free from a friend, it was better than nothing.

As far as problems, I havent had any, But I have only had mine on for a month. Although I have been offroad with it, I have not done anything major to really see how it performs.

I did notice that after the install, the front didnt seem to be any higher, but after some cranking of the torsion bars, it helped a little.

#433446 - 03/10/06 12:52 PM Re: Rancho 2.5 lift opinions/comments
OnlyOneDR Offline

The only issue I have seen was recent, a guy had his 6-month old Rancho kit loose a balljoint at the UCA. I think his T-bars were cranked up too high though.

As for being that 0.5" lower, typically an AC lift with proper alignment will only net 2" of gain. As evidence, my truck, with tires 0.5" larger in radius than a stock 4x4 and AC UCAs sits exactly 2.5" higher. Could I crank it more? Yes, but it will no longer align. It's splitting hairs.

The Rancho AAL is known for causing premature failure of leafpacks.

Battleship - 2001 Frontier Desert Runner
NOAS Club Membership Coordinator and Treasurer 2016-2017
http://www.noas4x4club.com/

#433447 - 03/10/06 04:10 PM Re: Rancho 2.5 lift opinions/comments
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
They are the worst lift kit you can get...the flex is WORSE than stock, and the short AAL leaves seem to stress and increase breakage of the other leaves, its only 2.5" instead of the normal 3"...no one I wheel with who has one is happy with it...and the ones who ended up with it were either early adopters (Give Rancho kudos for being THE FIRST kit for the X!) or didn't do any research.

Rancho's shocks are good, and people do like the shocks...although the one's they shipped with most of the lifts were twin tube emulsion shocks (crap), compared to say the Bilstiens.

Hope that helps!

laugh
Short AAL????? Have you ever seen one?? My Rancho AAL are 4 inches longer than my calmini AAL. I have the rancho lift, I like it but I wish I could go taller....I swapped out the rancho shackles for SLR 2" shackles. Mainly cause of all the extra wieght.

#433448 - 03/10/06 04:11 PM Re: Rancho 2.5 lift opinions/comments
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by RahrahsX:
Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
[b]They are the worst lift kit you can get...the flex is WORSE than stock, and the short AAL leaves seem to stress and increase breakage of the other leaves, its only 2.5" instead of the normal 3"...no one I wheel with who has one is happy with it...and the ones who ended up with it were either early adopters (Give Rancho kudos for being THE FIRST kit for the X!) or didn't do any research.

Hope that helps!

laugh
Short AAL????? Have you ever seen one?? My Rancho AAL are 4 inches longer than my calmini AAL. I have the rancho lift, I like it but I wish I could go taller....I swapped out the rancho shackles for SLR 2" shackles. Mainly cause of all the extra wieght that I carry.[/b]

#433449 - 03/10/06 04:46 PM Re: Rancho 2.5 lift opinions/comments
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have one and have'nt had any problems...yet? I did lose both upper ball joints but not sure i f it was b/c of the lift. As far as wheelin my x with that lift I go out on some rather large boulders at least once a week and have taken it half way though the rubicon once...no problems! My flex seems to be good in the rear atleast, but now that I think of it the front is kinda lame. So I say go for man its all about you. [ThumbsUp] [drink]

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal