2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 139 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#427783 - 14/04/07 08:22 PM lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

how much can i turn my t bars im gonna get slr 300m's and was wondering if i could do a add a leaf with my shackels and turn the t bars and does any one make a 1" body for the x

#427784 - 14/04/07 10:53 PM Re: lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can't run shackles + Add a leaf and turn the t-bars high enough to level. You can safely crank the t-bars just a little over 1.5 inches, but not by much at all.

Either do an AAL or shacle. Either that or go for a full 3 inch. There's no ther way, really.

There's no such thing as a commercially available 1" Body lift. There's the 2 inch and the 3 inch.

If 1 inch is really desired it's all a matter of making a 1 inch long blocks instead of 2 inches and getting hardware to match, but for one inch more it's really not worth it, I think.

#427785 - 15/04/07 07:13 AM Re: lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok and some one told me you have to get a stering kit with a 3" and could i get control arm's add a leaf's and get t bars later and get 3"

#427786 - 15/04/07 09:41 AM Re: lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can do a 3" SL without getting the torsion bars. The stock ones are just fine. Stiffer torsions are just better when you are winching. But for the money, just keep your stock ones and save the money for a steering kit. You dont necessarily have to do the steering right away with the 3" SL, but you will eventually.

Sure, do UCA's, Shackles, AAL, longer rear shocks, and that is pretty much the bare minimum for a 3" SL. That of course, and the steering when it wears out.

#427787 - 15/04/07 12:34 PM Re: lift
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Short-

The PML is best done with a set of shackles that are 3" longer than stock, to give 1.5" of rear lift for about $50 or so....

plus, adjusting the T-bars to raise the front end a matching 1.5"....then getting a wheel alignment.

The 2" BL is easy enough, and the mods like bumpers and sliders, etc...come in 2" BL versions...so getting a 1" BL would result in a bastard child - harder to work around...

The work for the 2" BL is the same as for a 1"...(assuming you just got the 2" stuff, and chopped an inch off...and don't count the chopping as extra work...or the 2" is EASIER than the 1"...).

The point of the BL is to allow larger tires...and 32's fit w/o a BL...so a 2" BL is a practical and logical size...with the 3" making sense if you are considering mounting 35" tires later, etc.

So - Just do the 2" BL.

Once you have done the PML...you can ADD a set of AAL to get the other 1.5" in back....and, ADD a set of Upper Control Arms (UCA) to allow you to still get a wheel alignment with another 1.5" of front...getting you a full 3" SL.

At that point, you'd need a steering kit too.

The 300M T-Bars are amazing, and if getting new T-Bars, I highly recommend them....but as already pointed out, you don't NEED new t-bars to do the PML if the OEM bars are still OK.

If the OEM's are shot, then sure, 300M's are sweet as hell.

laugh

Limit the PML to 1.5" or so...beyond that (As you CAN make a PML get you almost 3" if you slam the stops...) you won't be able to get the wheels in alignment, and you'll eat the outside edges of your tires.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#427788 - 15/04/07 07:41 PM Re: lift
Anonymous
Unregistered

ok im running 32's now with no problom you think i should run a 33/12.50 or 34/12.50 with the 3 inch

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal